Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Emmanuel "The Hardcore Kid" Newton... Who you got?

Striking: Rampage
Kicks: Newton
Wrestling: Both good enough to keep the fight standing
Cardio: Newton

If Rampage fights smart he wins the first two rounds rather easy and has a ko chance there.
As it's a 5 round fight it all depends on Rampage's stamina, if he trains enough he wins more rounds. If not the Hardcore Kid takes over and wins the last three rounds.

I got Rampage 3 - 2 Newton clear decision

I could lose to Evans, Jones, and Glover too. Doesnt make me a top fighter. Its who you win against that matters.

Beat Hammil, Machida, Silva, Jardine, and could have beat others too but in addition to his many top 10/15 opponents he was also facing the very best of the best in the top 5.

Shitting on top fighters for losing to other top fighters is exactly why we see fighters fighting scared to lose and promotions cutting people as a result. Meh...

Beat Hammil, Machida, Silva, Jardine, and could have beat others too but in addition to his many top 10/15 opponents he was also facing the very best of the best in the top 5.

Shitting on top fighters for losing to other top fighters is exactly why we see fighters fighting scared to lose and promotions cutting people as a result. Meh...

Wins from 5 years ago dont mean much today. Rampage used to be great. He isnt anymore.

Wins from 5 years ago dont mean much today. Rampage used to be great. He isnt anymore.

Over the course of the last 5 years, his only loss that isn't against a top 5 LHW is against Bader, and all fighters have bad performances...

No, Rampage isn't great anymore, but he was a top 10 LHW when the UFC cut him, and pointing to losses against top 5 LHWs doesn't show otherwise.

Over the course of the last 5 years, his only loss that isn't against a top 5 LHW is against Bader, and all fighters have bad performances...

No, Rampage isn't great anymore, but he was a top 10 LHW when the UFC cut him, and pointing to losses against top 5 LHWs doesn't show otherwise.

What was Rampage's last "good" performance in the UFC? Wanderlei?

Jackson wins, for sure. I really like Newton, but he's too wild to fight a strong counter puncher like Rampage. Every fight he spams spinning elbows, punches, kicks.... I mean how many times is he going to get away with that on Jackson? Really?! That's not even getting into the other numerous technical flaws and mistakes he makes on a regular basis. He's finding success as a pressure style fighter, but if he doesn't tighten up his defence he's going to get countered and KO'd by Rampage. His best chance is to ride the wave and try to tire Jackson out.

I don't give Newton much chance in that fight honestly, I've been worried for a while what would happen when a hard hitting counter puncher faced him.

I don't care what some zuffa zombies think...

This is a legit top 10 vs top 10 LHW fight, and should end in a stoppage. Exciting.

What is the opposite of Zuffa Zombie? World Wide Warrior? think thats what you are.

"Beat" Machida. Just like he "beat" Ninja and Bustamante.

I can definitely see (and even favor) Rampage over Hendo, Chael and possibly Shogun in his current form. He'd also be 50/50 with Davis. The rest I think he loses. Still top 10 though.

"Beat" Machida. Just like he "beat" Ninja and Bustamante.

I'd say more like how he beat Mo last night, two rounds of Rampage controlling the fight standing while the other fighter does his best to avoid fighting.

If they actually make the fight expect Newton to be "injured" and Tito step in for the interim belt.

Id like to see rampage win. But i just cant see him beating newton.

Back