Quinton Jackson sounds off on the UFC on conference call, says Glover will not stand

He says opponents shouldn't try to confuse him?

Is he out of his mind?

He WAS confused...but he's smarter than that now. :icon_lol:

I can't believe I used to love this guy. For 6 years Rampage was an embodiment of MMA to me. Ever since he lost to Forrest, part of his mind went as well, and now all he does is complain about everything.

At this point it's 6 years of awesome, 5 years of WTF. There is no fighter that has fallen nearly as far in my estimation, from a top 5 favorite of mine to someone I really just hope he loses badly enough to shut him up.

Kinda makes me sad, but I guess MMA has changed a lot in the last 11 years, and Rampage has as well.

Why would Glover stand? This is Mixed Martial Arts.

Rampage will be taken down and subbed.

Enjoy getting KO'ed in boxing, Rampage.

I have never seen anyone in MMA have more ill-will toward them for their opinion. God fucking forbid Rampage has been saying for years all he wants do to is put on an exciting fight, a good stand up brawl...and people HATE him for it. Do you really enjoy saying things like "I hope he loses and retires" ...I mean, are you really so miserable that you find hapiness in someone else failing? You guys bitch WAY more about Rampage bitching, than he actually bitches.

I hope he knocks Glover the fuck out, then says fuck the UFC on fox... then knocks dana out. Id die happy.

Why? He made a lot of chedda in the UFC. His gravy train was on E when the UFC signed him, now he's rolling. Yeah, fuck the UFC. :rolleyes:

Did you guy not see Glovers last fight? he almost got KO'd he will not trade with Rampage!

Just the one line "Now I have a new reason" epitomizes what is wrong with Rampage's world view. Instead of concentrating on the positive (getting paid very handsomely to fight on live television for thousands, perhaps millions, of adoring fans, getting sponsorship deals, etc), he is choosing to concentrate on the negative. I can't root for someone who is actively looking for things to complain about all the time, and has not turned in a truly memorable performance in the last 4-5 years or so.

I will lose my s*** laughing if Rampage goes for a TD.

That being said I think Glover will stand for him until he gets tagged with something hard. IF that happens.

People bitching about Rampage bitching about guys trying to wrestlefuck him every fight...is just as annoying, if not more, than Rampage bitching about wrestlers.

People bitching about people bitching about Rampage bitching, etc...

Why? He made a lot of chedda in the UFC. His gravy train was on E when the UFC signed him, now he's rolling. Yeah, fuck the UFC. :rolleyes:

Well, I agree with you on the fact he made his money in the UFC and that guy you quoted sounds insane, but I don't think "his gravy train was on E" when the UFC signed him.

Well, I agree with you on the fact he made his money in the UFC and that guy you quoted sounds insane, but I don't think "his gravy train was on E" when the UFC signed him.

Where was it? He wasn't in Pride, he was fighting MW Lindland in WFA with an uncertain future.

Marky, you're wondering why people have disdain for Rampage lately. It's really very simple. He won't stop whining, meanwhile he's more caked-up than 95% of MMA. Nobody likes a rich crybaby, regardless of his reasons for crying.

I don't know how anyone can support Rampage. He's a funny guy, sure but he hasn't looked good or knocked out anyone in years now.

He talks about how UFC doesn't pay enough or treat fighters right but he has been paid millions and if it wasn't for Zuffa, he could be in prison right now. They bailed him out of a bad situation and he owes them big time.

How can you expect to be rich when you spend 1 million dollars on training camps and buy Lambos?

Where was it? He wasn't in Pride, he was fighting MW Lindland in WFA with an uncertain future.

I may be wrong here, but I've always heard it as "UFC aquired WFA with the main goal in mind of aquiring Rampage"

He was also coming off of an up and down record, but against the best of the best. Fight of the year loss to Wandy, Beat ninja, Lost to Shogun...beat a few scrubs, went to WFA beat lindland and then was immediately signed to UFC.

*edit*

A quick date search here shows his last pride fight was Feb of 06, signed to WFA in March of 06, signed to UFC in December of 06. So he wasn't on E very long.

Marky, you're wondering why people have disdain for Rampage lately. It's really very simple. He won't stop whining, meanwhile he's more caked-up than 95% of MMA. Nobody likes a rich crybaby, regardless of his reasons for crying.

I mean, I guess I get it...but he's not the only person who complains. He's just more transparent. More exposure, I guess. It's just...theres fighters I have a lot of disdain for in the UFC...for reasons other than fighting, but I don't wish them ill will. I don't hope they lose, retire, or forced out. Well, maybe lose..I get that. It's kind of the point of sports in general and as a fan, but I don't go around saying things like people say about Rampage, but...obviously, that's just me.

I don't wish him ill in life or career, but I just hope he loses his competitions due to his attitude.

I agree with you about people wishing him ill beyond competing. That's silly for the most part (aside from the small % of those who still wish he was imprisoned after his manic driving episode).

Big difference between Glover and Bader/Rashad.

If Glover takes you down, you are in for one of the worst beatings of your life or you're going to tap out.

Glover isn't a point fighter, Rampage is going to find out the hard way.

For an elite athelete who has a lot of experience in a few promotions he seems to have an amateur's view about mma where his opponents will tell him their game plans and he gets to do whatever he wants to

He cries when you don't walk right at him with your hands down. The current version of Dan Henderson would be a great opponent for Rampage.

He cries when you don't walk right at him with your hands down. The current version of Dan Henderson would be a great opponent for Rampage.

Again, this is false. He's said he doesn't mind grappling, if people would actually try to do something to him. They dont. Griffin Mounted him, nothing. Machida mounted him, nothing. Jon Jones even mounted him, nothing. Jones at least tried, and he has never said once "Jones didn't do anything but try to wrestle me". His Hendo fight was amazing, and it was full of wrestling, but Hendo actually tried to do things to you.

Once again, as you seem to often do, you're making wild assumptions like everyone else. Has he said several times he'd like a stand and bang war...absolutely, he says all he wants to do is put on an exciting fight (another thing you made false claims about earlier) but he's always said people just lay on people or hug people, and don't do anything with it, and...it's true.

Back