Quinton Jackson sounds off on the UFC on conference call, says Glover will not stand

let Rampage bang, bro

In all seriousness I like Rampage a lot and I'll be rooting for him against Glover.

He explained his anti-wrestler spiel to Ariel Helwani in that video where they walked around NYC for a day. He doesn't mind fighting wrestlers, just not the ones where they won't attempt to finish him. It's very frustrating for him but at the same time, imo, it also falls on him to counter what they're doing.

I can't wait for Rampage's Ultimate Boxing Championship where everyone makes at least $1 million per fight and all the grapplers aren't allowed to make contact with Rampage with anything but their gloves.

I love this post. So on topic, so to the point. You said it way better than I could. Well done.

I'm tired of Rampage and all his "respect" talk. There is so many instances when he's been disrespectful to other fighters, media, fans, etc.

Rampage already knows he's going to get taken down and lose because of it. It's like he has already given up, I don't know why anyone would pick him to win after his last few fights, unless he was fighting some nobody.

Glover will stand with Rampage, pick him apart, win the fight, and then we'll hear Rampage making up a bunch of excuses.

Or he'll take him down and beat him there and he'll complain about that and a bunch of other excuses on top of it.

Either way we'll never hear the end of it.

i can agree with him. if youre gonna try and grapple dont do a bunch of pre fight press about how youre going to bang with him, bro.

and if what he said is true about reebok, thats seriously fucked. i dont see how thats even legal, but i doubt ill ever know.

also, he will be getting way more paid in bellator than the UFC, so good luck. hope he wins this fight big and gets an even better contract.

Rampage already knows he's going to get taken down and lose because of it. It's like he has already given up, I don't know why anyone would pick him to win after his last few fights, unless he was fighting some nobody.

The Rampage that actually gave a shit about fighting faced good wrestlers (Randleman and Arona) in Pride, didn't complain, and won his fights. I think Rampage is just looking for something, anything, to blame for the not so great spot he finds his career in today.

I wish Rampage would just say "I'm getting to the end of my career, I want to make big money in exciting fights". I could get behind that sentiment. I can't, however, get behind his current attitude.

i can agree with him. if youre gonna try and grapple dont do a bunch of pre fight press about how youre going to bang with him, bro.

There's a mental aspect to fighting, that some dummies just don't seem to understand.

As long as Rampage is truly focused he'll beat Glover.

Glover will stand with Rampage, pick him apart, win the fight, and then we'll hear Rampage making up a bunch of excuses.

Or he'll take him down and beat him there and he'll complain about that and a bunch of other excuses on top of it.

Either way we'll never hear the end of it.

Glover suddenly has the wrestling to take down Quinton?

Or is this more Brazilian fodder?

Ex: "JDS has great wrestling, and taps out BJJ black belts!"

It is never wise to play into your opponent's strengths.

I would suggest a wrestling heavy approach for Glover.

I think Rampage has this anyway...

It is never wise to play into your opponent's strengths.

I would suggest a wrestling heavy approach for Glover.

I think Rampage has this anyway...

I agree. I think Glover should smother Rampage until he has a mental breakdown over it.

"Oh no! He's trying to take me down! He don't trade and bang with me"

Oh Christ, he should do like Kimbo and go to boxing.

Well, to be fair. If they say they're going to stand and bang with him, they need to man up and do so.

There's a mental aspect to fighting, that some dummies just don't seem to understand.

idk who youre calling a dummy, but its just lame to me. how about you dont say anything instead of just straight lying. i dont like when guys do a bunch of press any damn ways but to use it as a bitch would.. idk. cant vibe with it.

It looks like to me, they're working on clinch work, Rampage is pretty good in the clinch. Maybe that's what they're training for.

Beating guys like Kyle Kingsbury and Fabio Maldonado is one thing.

Fighting a guy that has been at the top of the division for the past 10-years is something entirely different. Quinton has fought, and defeated fighters of a higher caliber than Glover.

Lately? No. That hasn't been the case. But Quinton has been in there with the best fighters in the history of the weight division. People are overlooking Quinton, and greatly exaggerating Glover's abilities.

It's a lose/lose situation for Quinton. If he drops this fight, he's a can that was overrated. If he wins, he beats a guy that was unproven against top competition.

Honestly, I think Rampage is gonna win this. Glover is a powerful dude but his striking is predictable and his grappling probably isn't on par with Rampage's defensive wrestling.

Either a T/KO or decision in favor of Rampage (probably the latter).

However, his thoughts on MMA is distorted to say the least. It is supposed to encompass all martial arts yet he just wants to stand and trade, basically boxing or kickboxing. He should either go to Bellator after this and wreck guys there or just train boxing 24/7 and try to make a career out of it.

I think Glover will stand w/ him...till it's not working and then he'll try to get it to the ground.

idk who youre calling a dummy, but its just lame to me. how about you dont say anything instead of just straight lying. i dont like when guys do a bunch of press any damn ways but to use it as a bitch would.. idk. cant vibe with it.

Fighters look to gain a mental edge, which with Rampage (at this point) isn't very difficult. That seems fairly easy to "vibe with".

Back