Quickie baking or How a guy from Ga. made a Dutch baby :)

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I saw this recipe on youtube. It looked simple enough and we ad all of the ingredients in the kitchen, so I decided to roll the dice and see what I could do.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

I added some powdered sugar on top because there's no sugar in the actual recipe. You can drizzle syrup (any flavor you like) on top after plating. All-in-all I think it was pretty good freshman attempt.

The chef has great recipes and I've made some of his scotch eggs. If you want quick, easy, tasty recipes, check him out. Guten Appetite' :icon_chee

I love Dutch babies /German pancakes

Is it just me, or is does it look like you baked a lizard inside of your pancake?

You can even see the eye. It's prob just a salamander

Sheeeeit. I thought t.s. had impregnated some dutch girl.

definitely a lizard in there

Well, I'll be darned! It does look like a lizard in the 2nd pic I posted. :icon_chee

There's no lizard in there guys.

Too late, our appetites are ruined

Make another, new pics, maybe even a new thread to put them in
to wash this foul, vaguely pan fried chicken-like taste from our imagined mouths

no lizards this time

Baking is amazing. It's great for those who are inept at cooking like me.

Nah, would rather make Dutch shadow babies with this chick:
tumblr_n5u3dmUNYF1qh502no1_500.gif

Sheeeeit. I thought t.s. had impregnated some dutch girl.

you weren't alone there.

Baking is amazing. It's great for those who are inept at cooking like me.

ironically, some of the best chefs consider baking to be far more difficult than cooking. funny huh?

im in no means a great cook, but some of my most impressive failures were attempts at baking...lol

ts, those look like money. have never had them, but wood...savagely.
are they really as easy as dude in the video claims? that guy's voice infections were killing me though to be blunt.

Last edited:
you weren't alone there.

ironically, some of the best chefs consider baking to be far more difficult than cooking. funny huh?

im in no means a great cook, but some of my most impressive failures were attempts at baking...lol

ts, those look like money. have never had them, but wood...savagely.
are they really as easy as dude in the video claims? that guy's voice infections were killing me though to be blunt.

Dude...

Super-Easy! I had wanted to use Vanilla extract the original recipe calls for, but we're out. So I had Rum extract and Coconut oil. When I placed it in the pan for the quick-fry, I added a good grip of Cinnamon. I'll try another one tomorrow (my wife loved it BTW) and post pics!

I'll try to keep the Lizards out this time.:)

^^^

sounds delicious. i can almost smell them. i bet a little citrus zest on top instead of cinnamon would work with the powdered sugar & coconut oil also.

Holy crap. I didn't know that actually existed.

They make all kinds of stuff that runs off of the 12V DC rails found in most vehicles (cars, motor homes, boats). Extremely inefficient to run home accessory type stuff through an AC inverter, then back to DC at the appliance.

Now that you know it exists, you gonna stick to your word and get one installed in your car?

Unless it can be done in a crock pot then this is too advance for me.

Back