Quickest way to put on muscle?

Amy Robinson

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I was wondering what the quickest way to put on a good amount of muscle is? (Without any type of steriods.) I have a WWE tryout coming up in a little over a month, and since I'm a girl I want to put on a little more muscle just to ensure I'm a.) the biggest woman there and b.) that I don't look too small in a class that will probably be full of guys. So what should I do, just eat protein like crazy and bust my ass in the gym, or is there some kind of miracle supplement that can help me bulk up a bit more in a short amount of time? Thanks for any help.

The surest way is to eat a ton of clean calories and workout.

You can also supplement with the following.

1. CEE or Kre-Alkalyn or other creatine derivatives.
some good products.
a. swole v2
b. green bulge
c. kre-alkalyn
d. micronized creatine
e. ready 4 war
there are a ton others

also, supplement with BCAA's, and perhaps look into a NO2 supplement (but only if you have money to burn).

Also, make sure you eat at the right times...For instance, eat some slow burning carbs WITH protein before bedtime.

Creatine works great. I'm on Gen-Tec Creatine (not sure if sold outside Australia) and I have gained 4kgs of lean mass in 3weeks. Try and find a Pure micronised creatine monohydrate powder supplement and just add your own glucose to the mixure. Some creatine Products are high in sugar and have little creatine per serve, so in the long you will save more $$$ if you don't pay for the added sugar. You will need to drink lots of water while on it, also you will find that you can perform much better whether it comes to running, weights, mma, ect . In addition try and eat 6 times a day.

make sure when u take creatine to drink PLENTY OF WATER!!!.. creatine dehydrates u like nothing else! :wink:

Hells Herald said:
The surest way is to eat a ton of clean calories and workout.

You can also supplement with the following.

1. CEE or Kre-Alkalyn or other creatine derivatives.
some good products.
a. swole v2
b. green bulge
c. kre-alkalyn
d. micronized creatine
e. ready 4 war
there are a ton others

also, supplement with BCAA's, and perhaps look into a NO2 supplement (but only if you have money to burn).

Also, make sure you eat at the right times...For instance, eat some slow burning carbs WITH protein before bedtime.

2 questions:
i) What does NO2 do ive been wondering for awhile
ii) slow burning calories like?

just eat prtein like crazy and bust my ass in the gym,

Yes. High volume Amy, high volume. Big weight = big muscles. So get stronger and really challenge your muscles. You don't have to go overboard since the WWE like their women shapely and feminine as well as tough (remember when Jackie was in WCW she was so much more muscular than when she was in the WWE, and Chyna's transformation into something REMOTELY feminine). I wouldn't do the carbs and protein at night as insulin sensitivity is greater at night and thus, the calories are more likely to be stored as fat. Casein is the best thing at night, if you can gag down cottege cheese, I use yogurt, or a good protein shake that uses Casein like Muscle Milk is perfect. Lots of whole grains and greens for your carbs, and when I say lots I mean LOTS. Eat up to 7 or 8 times a day but not pig-out portions. Also, keep your dietary fats good. They contribute a lot to health of joints as well as proper metabolic function. One thing I always tell kids is snack on Almonds. A serving is like 100 calories and you got your MCT fats and protein. 3 or 4 servings per day (which is not that much almonds actually), and you've increased your caloric intake by 3 or 4 hundred calories. On TOP of your meals. Get PLENTY of rest. I cannot stress that enough. At least 8 hours of un-interrupted sleep. Cut the cell phone off, tell your family if they wake you they're DEAD, use a blinder, and white noise if you have to. Rest cycles are ESSENTIAL to bulking phases. Have at least one day per week where you do NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING. I'd actually use the whole day to watch TV and study up on the greats who you want to take after. Knowledge of the business will take you VERY far and the History is enough to keep you occupied for hours on-end.

And contrary to what people will tell you you DO NOT need to pig out and eat junk food to bulk. None of the competition bodybuilders or fitness competitors, or even powerlifters I've ever met actually does that shit. They know in the end it could cost them their health. If someone suggests something that doesn't sound right (like for instance eating all the pasta you can get your hands on), that's because it's NOT right.

i) What does NO2 do ive been wondering for awhile
ii) slow burning calories like?

NO2 is a hemodilator. It opens up your veins and allows for better blood circulation to your muscles. Anything in your bloodstream also gets superfed to your muscles as well. I used it for quite a while and loved it, stopped not because of anything skeptics will tell you, but because I am going to compete at a LOWER weight-class and it won't help me. But I'd say about 97% of people who I've ever given it to loved it.

And I think he means slower-assimilated like complex carbs. They take longer to be digested.

King Kabuki said:
And contrary to what people will tell you you DO NOT need to pig out and eat junk food to bulk. None of the competition bodybuilders or fitness competitors, or even powerlifters I've ever met actually does that shit. They know in the end it could cost them their health. If someone suggests something that doesn't sound right (like for instance eating all the pasta you can get your hands on), that's because it's NOT right.

i saw on the discovery channel special on this bodybuilder chick and they all ate junk food before the competition bcuz the sugar makes their veins bulge out! :eek:

That's only on the DAY of competition. It's a cheat. You get super good pumps from sugar. But did you see her diet up until that day? It was bananas. And when we had a manager at our store who was a Competition Bodybuilder (she competed in the Southern States show year before last) she said that a lot of the girls don't do that shit anymore, they get like maybe carrot cake and use that, because all the sugar can be damaging. But yeah, on the day-of competition they do it for just the stage-appearance. But I'm talking about the bulking phase, if they're doing it then for a long period of time they're stupid.

ace98 said:
I was wondering what the quickest way to put on a good amount of muscle is? (Without any type of steriods.) I have a WWE tryout coming up in a little over a month, and since I'm a girl I want to put on a little more muscle just to ensure I'm a.) the biggest woman there and b.) that I don't look too small in a class that will probably be full of guys. So what should I do, just eat prtein like crazy and bust my ass in the gym, or is there some kind of miracle supplement that can help me bulk up a bit more in a short amount of time? Thanks for any help.

there is not quick way. exercise, diet & rest are the ingredients and the rest takes time. your welcome.

there is not quick way. exercise, diet & rest are the ingredients and the rest takes time. your welcome.

She's welcome to what? You attempting to put everything I said into one sentence? lol

aminos, protein, protein, creatine, NO, zma...i could go on.

Oh yeah, the BCAA's are a good suggestion as well. They help with protein assimilation. I use them before workouts as well to prevent muscle breakdown and get more out of the workout. Also though Amy, you have to be cognizant to what types of foods have estrogenic effects on your system. Some people would suggest a lot of soy protein because it's "better for females", but not entirely. It could work against the building of lean muscle mass. With increased caloric intake from specific food sources your hormones WILL shift, it's just how the human body works, so in a sense you're trying to get a steroidal-effect just without actually juicing. I'd say just keep an eye Medically on what you're doing but remember, your Doctor (which I hope you have a good one, you're going to need a couple of them as I'm sure you know) works for you...and should work WITH you to help accomplish your goals, not just discourage everything you want to do.

King Kabuki said:
Yes. High volume Amy, high volume. Big weight = big muscles. So get stronger and really challenge your muscles. You don't have to go overboard since the WWE like their women shapely and feminine as well as tough (remember when Jackie was in WCW she was so much more muscular than when she was in the WWE, and Chyna's transformation into something REMOTELY feminine). I wouldn't do the carbs and protein at night as insulin sensitivity is greater at night and thus, the calories are more likely to be stored as fat. Casein is the best thing at night, if you can gag down cottege cheese, I use yogurt, or a good protein shake that uses Casein like Muscle Milk is perfect. Lots of whole grains and greens for your carbs, and when I say lots I mean LOTS. Eat up to 7 or 8 times a day but not pig-out portions. Also, keep your dietary fats good. They contribute a lot to health of joints as well as proper metabolic function. One thing I always tell kids is snack on Almonds. A serving is like 100 calories and you got your MCT fats and protein. 3 or 4 servings per day (which is not that much almonds actually), and you've increased your caloric intake by 3 or 4 hundred calories. On TOP of your meals. Get PLENTY of rest. I cannot stress that enough. At least 8 hours of un-interrupted sleep. Cut the cell phone off, tell your family if they wake you they're DEAD, use a blinder, and white noise if you have to. Rest cycles are DETRIMENTAL to bulking phases. Have at least one day per week where you do NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING. I'd actually use the whole day to watch TV and study up on the greats who you want to take after. Knowledge of the business will take you VERY far and the History is enough to keep you occupied for hours on-end.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definately follow it. I got EAS Myoplex shakes(for a really good deal) for protein, and I checked the label and it does have Casein in it. And I think I'm pretty good on the history part, at least compared to other people my age, but I'm always watching tapes and reading up just to make sure I'm constantly learning something new. (Let me tell you if I had studied my school work in high school the way I do pro wrestling I would have been the freakin' class valedictorian!) Although in todays WWE, if you know too much about wrestling its aparently a bad thing.

BTW- how are you so well informed about this kind of stuff? Do you like work at GNC or something? Then again you seem much more knowledgable then some of the crazy people that work at my local GNC.

Heh heh, the answer about where I work is in my profile.

It's taken some time to gather the knowledge on this stuff, at-first it was just my background in training and general interest that got me into it, always trying to be a better fighter in some way or another, though until about 4 years ago I wasn't really wholly keen on the nutrition and supplementing aspects of it. Now aside from becoming certified to be a Boxing Coach I'm also studying to become a licensed Dietician. Speaking of which that reminds me. A word of advice since you participate in athletics, get as much certification as you can. Everything from CPR training to possibly certification by the Strength and Conditioning Association. Reason being is because things like that give you a cushion to fall back on, say you get injured or for some reason your career is cut short, you have options that are not necessarily entirely physical. You can be a trainer, or even open up your own school and have actual credibility behind it, and I'm not sure how it is for Wrestling, but with Boxing if you advance in levels of Coaching you become qualified to train Olympic Athletes. This way no matter what happens I'll basically never be out-of-work, and if I wanted to open my own gym there would be a higher chance of success.

Hey I was right! And I will have a good back-up plan, I actually plan on going to college and getting a degree, I'm just giving the tryouts a shot, cuz I've got nothing to lose.

8-12 reps with medium load and high volume will induce great hypertropy.

Low reps and high weights is for training your CNS with medium hypertrophy.

good luck. try the basic stuff like push ups and situps. low weight curling to get some cuts

I know a lady that takes the shit outta NO-Xpolde....she's a little puffy.

Back