Quick question, Does investigation for rape allegation takes this long? ( Non- Conor Thread)

Years...? Depends on if they settle out of court for millions or drag it on... saw it on Law and Order Ireland...

giphy.gif

April fools

Of course I'm talking about the one with Conor. I read it was first popped up in the Irish media all the way back in December last year. Conor was brought in for questioning in January so for 4 month, we haven't heard anything new. Anyone here who is familiar with the legal system in this area? What do you think its happening right now?

Great trick.

Got any statistics to back up your made up bullshit?
<LordRoose>
In Ireland things move at a slightly different pace, and a lot of the rules/regulations/policies/etc of legal proceedings are very different than in the US.

But even in the US, it can be a long time between the rape, and charges being filed. (Ever hear of Bill Cosby?)

<Jaime01>

Besides, Conor's fame will shine a spotlight on his case and put the prosicution under a microscope. But in Ireland, things don't move at the same speed, nor in the same manner, as in the US. For instance, the day before Conor's rape (Dec 9) there was a woman raped in a taxi. The taxi driver fled the country for weeks but upon his return he was "arrested", questioned, and then "released without charges" - Exactly like Conor was.

[Read more about that case here: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/taxi-driver-rape-suspect-released-without-charge-37691759.html]

Prosecuting rape is not easy task (what's the success rate, something abysmal like 8%?) and takes a lot of prep work.

In the US charges are filed THEN a lot of ground work, evidence collecting, witness statements, etc. is gathered/fine tuned. In Ireland the DDP has to put together a solid case before charges are filed. Another example is the Rugby trial, where IIRC the players weren't charged for about a year after.

Fuck that means, this whole thing can well last for proper 12 months !

Get it ?? Get it ???? He he he

<LordRoose>
In Ireland things move at a slightly different pace, and a lot of the rules/regulations/policies/etc of legal proceedings are very different than in the US.

But even in the US, it can be a long time between the rape, and charges being filed. (Ever hear of Bill Cosby?)

<Jaime01>

Besides, Conor's fame will shine a spotlight on his case and put the prosicution under a microscope. But in Ireland, things don't move at the same speed, nor in the same manner, as in the US. For instance, the day before Conor's rape (Dec 9) there was a woman raped in a taxi. The taxi driver fled the country for weeks but upon his return he was "arrested", questioned, and then "released without charges" - Exactly like Conor was.

[Read more about that case here: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/taxi-driver-rape-suspect-released-without-charge-37691759.html]

Prosecuting rape is not easy task (what's the success rate, something abysmal like 8%?) and takes a lot of prep work.

In the US charges are filed THEN a lot of ground work, evidence collecting, witness statements, etc. is gathered/fine tuned. In Ireland the DDP has to put together a solid case before charges are filed. Another example is the Rugby trial, where IIRC the players weren't charged for about a year after.

He doesn't have any statistics, just wishful thinking.

bagdad-bob.jpg

<LordRoose>

<Jaime01>

I have no idea why you are so defensive and aggressive, someone asked a question, and I answered it based on my knowledge, and I'm not American.

I'm not saying Conor still couldn't still be charged, of course he could, there's no time limit that they have to stick to I mearly answered the question that was asked, it's not at all normal for a rape case to not have pressed charges if they have the evidence for a conviction by this stage.

I did if course say that with the media attention they will take their time.

Back