Quick poll, if a border wall magically appeared

Cost free border wall

• Yep!

• Nope!

• Kind of, see below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course

Massive costs not getting their worth back has been my #1 concern with it, I feel there are more efficient ways to better secure our border than with a thousands of miles long physical structure

Wall in higher traffic areas, increased patrols and drones in others, and most importantly: better monitoring of "visitors" who overstay and immediate boot

Also, severe fines and even jail times to companies who hire illegals over Americans. Reduce the demand of illegal workers, and you'll reduce the supply coming across border

No problem with the wall, but i think it would fuck up wildlife more than we already have.

But hey, human progress and all that jazz.

Effectively all around the US borders. It's cost free, magically, as well as manned without cost at the entries. Nobody can circumvent it.

Would you be fine with that?

I'm personally not scared of brown immigrants, but we need good border security; good fences make good neighbors.

Will it not take any land from folks who own borderland? Will it not block ranchers from water sources? Will it not impact wildlife habitat/migration? Will it not cause a flood problem along the Rio Grande? Will ongoing maintenance be free?

Great question. Because some say the problem is cost effectiveness and some just don't like the symbolism.

If there aren't any concessions to wildlife I ain't buying for free. 1500 species range on both sides of the border and 62 threatened.

Love this post man.

Will it not take any land from folks who own borderland? Will it not block ranchers from water sources? Will it not impact wildlife habitat/migration? Will it not cause a flood problem along the Rio Grande? Will ongoing maintenance be free?
Yes.
Magical wall is totally cost free and inconveniences nobody.

Um... those who are organizing the destabalization of countries are in Washington DC or within driving distance of the Pentagon.

They don't feel the effects of mass illegal immigration - the overcrowding of classrooms, the bankruptcy of hospitals, the increased crimerates, lowering of property values, or the overwhelming costs of social services.

It'd be very hard for them to care from their gated communities, high government salaries, free healthcare perks, and generous pensions one they retire from serving the country.

And its not like we can vote a few politicians out to fix both problems of illegal immigration and distablizing countries.
I agree.

So we will either demand change, or we will sit and take it.

Are we including the border between American waters and international waters?

If nobody can circumvent it...... then that includes Americans with passports. You'd become North Korea 2.0.

Seems like a pretty retarded idea.

Back