Quick poll, if a border wall magically appeared

Cost free border wall

• Yep!

• Nope!

• Kind of, see below

Results are only viewable after voting.
The wall doesn't really bother me, but I prefer we do things like actually enforce our own laws as well as go after the businesses that hire illegals. Kind of sucks we demonize people who are just trying to survive while giving a pass to those who profit off of these people.

What bothered me about the wall is that for as much criticism the left gets about obsessing about identity politics, Trump cranked that to 11 with his campaign. He basically created major diviseveness for the sake of getting votes from the racist mouth breathers who spend entirely too much time on internet message boards who seem to make up a large portion of the right wing voter base these days. He basically made everyone hate each so he can put a slogan on a t-shirt.

That's my take, too. I think a wall is largely symbolic, and I see the symbolism as unAmerican. Security along the Mexican border has legitimately been a problem in our recent past (and for a long time), though it's largely been fixed over the past decade, and I have no problem with improving it further.

Great question. Because some say the problem is cost effectiveness and some just don't like the symbolism.

If there aren't any concessions to wildlife I ain't buying for free. 1500 species range on both sides of the border and 62 threatened.

Last edited:
Can we get one between the US and Canada though? Trudeau is accepting all the American refugee rejects. Send help

Pretty sure after that happens it's only a matter of time until the rise of the Mexican warlocks wielding high power death magics, only the fairy queens of San Fran or the Canadian pussy elves to the north would be able to match them in mystical strength.

So yeah not pretty if this magical wall appears you dunce.

Long as we are actively destabilizing countries I'm for open borders. We get what we deserve.

6a00d8341bf6e653ef01b7c7b3cfca970b-500wi.jpg

Effectively all around the US borders. It's cost free, magically, as well as manned without cost at the entries. Nobody can circumvent it.

Would you be fine with that?

I'm personally not scared of brown immigrants, but we need good border security; good fences make good neighbors.

theres ALMOST no downside to having one magically appear. im ok with it.

the cost of maintaining it may outweigh the benefit that wed get from cheap immigrant labor, though. even now, it is difficult for the fed to pay people to live and work on the border.

Long as we are actively destabilizing countries I'm for open borders. We get what we deserve.

Um... those who are organizing the destabalization of countries are in Washington DC or within driving distance of the Pentagon.

They don't feel the effects of mass illegal immigration - the overcrowding of classrooms, the bankruptcy of hospitals, the increased crimerates, lowering of property values, or the overwhelming costs of social services.

It'd be very hard for them to care from their gated communities, high government salaries, free healthcare perks, and generous pensions one they retire from serving the country.

And its not like we can vote a few politicians out to fix both problems of illegal immigration and distablizing countries.

Back