Quick Misc. Questions Regarding Beta-Alanine & L-Carnitine

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87037

After reading David Barr's articles I'd like to pick up some Beta Alanine and L-Carnitine. I'm wondering a couple things and did a search/read through a couple threads but got conflicting answers or no answer at all.

Q1) I'm going to take 5g of Beta Alanine/day with no loading phase. I'm taking 2.5g PWO 3x/week (and post-Muay Thai 2x/week) and 2.5g prior to bed on those 5 days. Do I take BA on my two rest days as well? Reason I ask is that one of MikeMartial's post said that when he took BA in the morning (and not PWO like usual) he got sick to his stomach.

Q2) Can I mix Creatine Mono/Beta Alanine in the same glass of water, and take an L-Carnitine tablet all at the same time? (All 3 supps w/ same glass of water)

Q3) Can I consistently take L-Carnitine & Beta Alanine every day for an indefinite period of time, or should I take time off of it every so often. I ask this because I've had a couple people on the board tell me to take a ~1 month rest from Creatine Mono every ~4 months.

Just in case it's needed to answer anything, I lift heavy 3x/week and train Muay Thai 2x/week w/ 2 days of rest.

Thanks in advance.

1. You should take it every day. IIRC Mike was having problems taking it on an empty stomach.

2. I don't see why not.

3. I haven't heard anything about needing to cycle off of BA, but I have read far less on Carnitine, so I am not as sure about that.

1. Take the beta alanine daily. Also, taking beta alanine on an empty stomach can cause paraesthesia (pins and needles feeling), but it is not harming you. Taking it with food tends to lessen this effect or simply taking smaller dosages.
2. It is fine
3. It is up to you.

I know about the needles feeling; don't mind that. Sickness is what I wanted to avoid - I guess it was just him who had the problem. Well, I'll see for myself soon enough. Thanks for the help.

After reading David Barr's articles I'd like to pick up some Beta Alanine and L-Carnitine. I'm wondering a couple things and did a search/read through a couple threads but got conflicting answers or no answer at all.

Q1) I'm going to take 5g of Beta Alanine/day with no loading phase. I'm taking 2.5g PWO 3x/week (and post-Muay Thai 2x/week) and 2.5g prior to bed on those 5 days. Do I take BA on my two rest days as well? Reason I ask is that one of MikeMartial's post said that when he took BA in the morning (and not PWO like usual) he got sick to his stomach.

While a couple of others have mentioned nausea, I seem to be the only one who's really hypersensitive to it. Combining it with carbs seems to nullify this reaction (in others, not myself).

To answer your question, I would take it on your rest days, prior to bed.

I feel nausea when I take it in too large dosages as well. I stay away from more than 3g in an hours time, usually.

Okay wow. Lame. I got this e-mail today:

Mr. K,

Your order has not been processed as product #1684-L Carnitine is not allowed into your country.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

MaryAnne
-----------

They don't sell/allow Carnitine in Canada? Wtf!?

Okay wow. Lame. I got this e-mail today:

Mr. K,

Your order has not been processed as product #1684-L Carnitine is not allowed into your country.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

MaryAnne
-----------

They don't sell/allow Carnitine in Canada? Wtf!?

Yup, it's moronic.

Since creatine + beta alanine are so highly touted would it be in my interest to buy a supplement such as BSN's "CELLMASS" which, includes both compounds??

Back