quick healthy snacks

aweiner769

White Belt
Reaction score
i currently live in a dorm in the fraternity row of my university. it is a bus ride away from campus so a lot of times i dont eat for extended period simply because its a pain to go to the dining halls and get food. i have 2 mini fridges in my room and my house has a kitchen but as of now i dont have any food. i was wondering what are some good healthy snacks to keep around that are fairly low in calories and also some quick, easy and healthy meals?

tuna, fruit, liverwurst

boil a ton of eggs and keep them in your fridge.

Cottage cheese, yoghurt, nuts

cheese tapas (they have amazing ones at costco from spain)
hard boiled eggs
pork rinds + sour cream/greek yogurt or butter/Cinnamon
almonds/walnuts/hazelnuts/pumpkin seeds
pickled sausages
peperoni

Raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, pepper strips + hummus.
Nut butters + celery.

Hard boiled eggs. Make a salad with hard boiled eggs, some cheese, bellpepper, lettuce and carrots, maybe at some nuts. Chop everything up, use enough to keep you going to a day or two.

Low fat yogurt, quark, etc. - add whatever you want.

Oatmeal + protein powder, not necessarily eaten in the same bowl. Add milk, dried fruits, nuts to oatmeal.

Make some sort of protein bar from the above ingredients, it will taste better without the protein powder though imo. Add some honey,cocoa too.

If you make a lot of roastbeef, I like to make sandwiches from it and eat them for snacks. Bread, lettuce, some sort of creamy cheese/butter, slice up some of the meat, add mayo. Gotta prepare the sandwich and have some already done roastbeef though.

How long do hard boiled eggs last after boiling them and putting them in the fridge?

How long do hard boiled eggs last after boiling them and putting them in the fridge?

i boil a bunch up on sunday for the week ahead, they are still ok on the next saturday.

boiled eggs and fruit are usually my go to snacks.

cheese tapas (they have amazing ones at costco from spain)
hard boiled eggs
pork rinds + sour cream/greek yogurt or butter/Cinnamon
almonds/walnuts/hazelnuts/pumpkin seeds
pickled sausages
peperoni

pork rinds and sour cream sounds delicious!

I'm a big fan of prepping in bulk. . . takes a little time, but pays off in the end.

1) Food Dehydrator - if you don't have one, get one.

Homemade jerky, go crazy with this. Get London/Texas broils, or any other lean cut of beef that your butcher can provide, slice thin, and dry. There's tons of recipes on youtube.

2) Slow Cooker (aka Crock Pot) - if you don't have one, get one.

Beef, pork, chicken, veggies, potatoes, rice . . . dump it all in, large amounts. The more the better. Cook it all up, and portion it out in convenient Gladware, or Tupperware. You can make a weeks worth of healthy snacks without much hassle.

3) Eggs, eggs, and more eggs. . . cheap, healthy and delicious. . . boil 1 metric fuckton and store in the fridge. So easy!

pork rinds and sour cream sounds delicious!

It's probably my favorite snack! Salt and vinegar pork rinds are the best and their sharpness contrasts so nicely with some all natural Daisy sour cream.

Smoked oysters. Not for everyone but I am hooked

Back