Questions that casuals ask

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was at a birthday party last night and convinced the host to put the fights on. One by one, people would wander in, watch for a few minutes, ask some questions, and then go back to drinking, socializing, etc. I realized that I was playing the role of unofficial UFC ambassador and noted the sorts of questions people would ask:

-How tough are these girls really?
-
Why doesn’t this guy just stand up?
-Why doesn’t Ronda fight anymore?
-What’s Conor doing lately?

Honestly, I spent more time fielding questions about Conor and Ronda than anything else.

I’ll also say that by the end of round 2 of the main event, I was utterly alone. Figuratively speaking, I was on an island. Dare I say, a fight island.

So let’s hear it. I know that plenty of my sherbros have been in similar situations. What kinds of things have casuals asked you?

In b4 “what kinds of questions do casuals ask you?”

One time at work someone (who was supposedly an MMA fan) asked me "didn't Jon Jones and Mcgregor fight once? I can't remember who won?". I just responded no they haven't but they're looking to make that fight soon.

I feel your pain ts. We used to have huge groups from work over for a numbered UFC PPV. Now I don't have one friend who follows mma aside from a McGregor fight....

So you were sat in a room on your own watching a UFC fight night at a fucking birthday party at someone elses house?

<45>{<jordan}

I'm surprised anyone was talking to you at all.

That would be pretty funny, but i wasn’t in a room at all. It was an outdoor party with a screen room/ covered patio. Dude had a tv outside. It was a pretty nice set up.

"Why is Conor the GOAT?" Casuals only think so.

That would be pretty funny, but i wasn’t in a room at all. It was an outdoor party with a screen room/ covered patio. Dude had a tv outside. It was a pretty nice set up.

Don't make everyone at a party watch a fight like Blaydes/Volkov TS.

BleakShamefulDotterel-size_restricted.gif

Can conor beat khabib?

Why do they spend so much time on the ground?

Why the fuck are women not on a separate promotion?

How much do fighters earn (conor mainly)

Not a question, but they always say the smallest guy in the ufc could beat any boxer ever

My GF just comes into the living room pretty much every fight card and berates me about how fugazy the grappling exchanges look to her.... mind you I’ve been doing Bjj since ‘03 so this always turns into an argument.
<{cruzshake}>

Back