"Questions for Rickson Gracie?"

where does your 500 and 0 record come from?

back in the day, there were only 2 major tournament a year, at best you will fight 10 BJJ matches so where is the record of your 400 wins

Also when I talked to Carlson back in 2006 he said Helio would bring you by to the Carlson camp and he saw you get tapped out many times by his students. Remember when a blue belt named Carlos Rollyson tapped you out

dont worry i still think you are the second best BJJ fighter ever, next to Rolles

I think in the big Rickson thread there was a list. It was a list of all his matches from when they had an open "Come in and test us" policy. While the list would certainly be nice to verify, it appeared to be at least halfway legitimate, showed dates and names. You have to remember that the 500-0 is also tough to verify because there weren't any governing MMA bodies like there are now, and he isn't the only guy with such a record (the blonde devil thread springs to mind).

Ask him about his matches against Sergio Penha and Rigan Machado and who he flet was better. Also his thoughts about Rolls and how good he really was.

Last edited:
^Is that the smartest thing that you can contribute to this thread? The last three letters of your user name explains it all. Grow up and move on.

OP, ask him to demonstrate his version of the upa. That alone was really cool.
It's a legitimate question, how is asking how he claims to be undefeated when he has been beaten in a legitimate tournament. A Loss is a loss, even if you "don't fully know the rules."(Paraphrase) I'm also not exactly sure what my beginning in Taekwondo as a first art has to do with grappling related questions? If you could explain that I'd be happy to hear exactly how this has any relevance on my question.

This is grappling, my 1st art being Taekwondo really has ZIP to do with this discussion.

Edit: Didn't realize the last three were kid. I'm not a kid technically, but I'm young enough to get called that. I'm honest about my age. I'm only 18, so forgive me if I don't understand how you can be undefeated yet have a documented loss.

It's a legitimate question, how is asking how he claims to be undefeated when he has been beaten in a legitimate tournament. A Loss is a loss, even if you "don't fully know the rules."(Paraphrase) I'm also not exactly sure what my beginning in Taekwondo as a first art has to do with grappling related questions? If you could explain that I'd be happy to hear exactly how this has any relevance on my question.

This is grappling, my 1st art being Taekwondo really has ZIP to do with this discussion.

Edit: Didn't realize the last three were kid. I'm not a kid technically, but I'm young enough to get called that. I'm honest about my age. I'm only 18, so forgive me if I don't understand how you can be undefeated yet have a documented loss.

Read the Rickson FAQ thread, it's been answered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back