Questions for Anthony Pettis and Carla Esperza?

Markopolo100

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Want to talk to a UFC champion? Here's your chance.

UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and women's strawweight champion Carla Esparza will answer your questions in a live chat Thursday at 2 p.m.

Sherdoggers, if you have any questions for them, this is your chance. You can ask on this thread or go to this link.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-sports/headlines/20150120-ufc-champions-anthony-pettis-and-carla-esparza-answer-your-questions-2-p.m.-thursday-ask-now.ece

I'll post answers to this thread after the chat.

Thanks for your participation!

Interesting nobody has responded yet. It seems like a good opportunity. I'd like to know some things about Anthony I don't know already.

For example:

Was he or was he not knocked down by Bart? I can't tell personally and would like to hear the truth from the horse's mouth.

Also wondering if he's still freestyling at the beginning of fights these days or if he now has different gameplans for different fighters. Does he have one for RDA yet?

In addition, how has the past knee injury changed his game, if at all? Has he been forced to tone down the particularly flashy, unique to himself techniques, or are they still in his back pocket?

I'm sure I'll come back with a better question later, but for now I'm just curious: has Carla learned how to correctly pronounce the last name of her opponent yet?

Does Pettis feel he could've beaten prime BJ at 155?

Best exercise to improve cardio.
Would they want to work in the MMA business once they retire from fighting.

Does Pettis see anything in CM punk that would make him a threat to anybody in the UFC or any MMA fighter for that matter

Do they go to the same place to get their eyebrows done?

Can you ask him How Ben Askren's striking is progressing in addition to his own wrestling

If he decides to get into some acting off his newfound fame, is he threatened Paul Felder is a fellow UFC LW ninja but who went to acting school, so will beat him out for parts?

Can you ask him How Ben Askren's striking is progressing in addition to his own wrestling

Can he out-wrestle any D1 guys besides Askren who come in to train at Roufusport?

If he decides to get into some acting off his newfound fame, is he threatened Paul Felder is a fellow UFC LW ninja but who went to acting school, so will beat him out for parts?

Can he out-wrestle any D1 guys besides Askren who come in to train at Roufusport?

Well I guess something along those lines

For Carla (all these questions are connected):

Were you and the others in the TUF house allowed to watch the first ever women's strawweight fights in the UFC while in the house? (Gadelha vs. Lahdemaki / Jedrzejczyk vs. Lima).

If not, were you even told these fights were happening? And how did you and the others feel about not getting to watch history getting made?

If you DID get to watch, what sorts of reactions did you and the others have about these fights and the strengths of the fighters? Did any trash talking about those fighters ensue in the house that you remember?

Last edited:
How will Carla prepare for the rematch when Jojo takes that belt away?

pettis , do you eat weeties.?

who in your training camp do you think has potential to be champ .

do you think there is any coincidence between the number of injuries you have had and the training methods at Rufus sport .

what do you think of training with Phil Brooks , can you see him being successful.

Aldo's left foot vs Conor's left hand.

Which does the Champ find more impressive?

i would ask how does it feel to be beautiful? i would probably ask Carla that as well

Back