questions about SanDiego

dboy said:
That's it, I've heard enough, I'm fuckin there!!

Seriously though, I will most likely go through with this. Thanks again for the info guy's.

And while I'm at it, does anyone train at Fabios's? Checked out his site and he looks to be awesome. I'll have to take a little road trip soon..... :D

When you get here PM me if you like. Can give you the quick cooks tour and where you will find what schools.

dboy said:
That's it, I've heard enough, I'm fuckin there!!

Seriously though, I will most likely go through with this. Thanks again for the info guy's.

And while I'm at it, does anyone train at Fabios's? Checked out his site and he looks to be awesome. I'll have to take a little road trip soon..... :D

I trained at Fabios for a bit but its VERY expensive and theres not much NO Gi training..You alos might want to try Jaou Cunha in Ocean Beach..Small gym but the classes are great and its like 130 for unlimited BJJ and MUay Thai..Its a small group of people that train there so the schedule says the classes are an hous but end up being like 3 hours

Thanks again guy's this info is very helpful. Right now my big concern is the articulation agreements with San Diego State. Not sure if they will accept my transfer units or not. I don't know how they work because they are not a part of the CSU system...

Like I said, the only thing keeping me in LA is the training opportunities. Good to hear that I have options elsewhere.

dboy:

Drop me an email. I live in the San Diego area. I work at one of the Cal State campuses, in the North County area. Also, I have mats and teach BJJ/Grappling. I might even have a room to rent. Email me and I can send you more details.

[email protected]

I just got back from SD and honestly i only like Ocean Beach. By state is going to be most rich college kids, alot of frat boys and rich annoying girls. My buddys go to state and live in Ocean Beach now and this place is real, it is alot more of a local scene than a college scene. If i ever moved to SD it would be Ocean Beach. Pacific beach has a ton of bars but it will be your typical rich fratboy atmosphere which i cant stand, i always get into fights around these kind of guys. Of course this is all just my opinion, i live in San Luis now but my hometown is a small mountain town way wya north of about 7k people so i tend to run around with a different kind of crowd ya know. Anyway if you go check it out hit up Ocean Beach, alot of cool bars and little mexican/bbq/chinese places to eat. It will be a big difference from near State of PB. Just depends on what you are looking for. Also SDSU is very hard to get into, it is so impacted you need a 3.8 or so for their business mangement program.

codysweet02 said:
I just got back from SD and honestly i only like Ocean Beach. By state is going to be most rich college kids, alot of frat boys and rich annoying girls. My buddys go to state and live in Ocean Beach now and this place is real, it is alot more of a local scene than a college scene. If i ever moved to SD it would be Ocean Beach. Pacific beach has a ton of bars but it will be your typical rich fratboy atmosphere which i cant stand, i always get into fights around these kind of guys. Of course this is all just my opinion, i live in San Luis now but my hometown is a small mountain town way wya north of about 7k people so i tend to run around with a different kind of crowd ya know. Anyway if you go check it out hit up Ocean Beach, alot of cool bars and little mexican/bbq/chinese places to eat. It will be a big difference from near State of PB. Just depends on what you are looking for. Also SDSU is very hard to get into, it is so impacted you need a 3.8 or so for their business mangement program.

OB is okay but you will hate it coming from SLO. I grew up in the SM valley also so I know what you are talking about. You will like OB until your car is broken into (and it will be) because there are more tweekers living there per capita than anywhere else in the city. Plus the hippies drive people crazy. You can't go 1/2 block without being hassled for change, beer, or weed. The weekend crowd may not be frat guys but they are there. The bar scene on Newport is the same as it is on Garnett. I don't want to rain on your parade but I feel the need to drop some knowledge so you can make a better decision. OB rent only slightly less than PB, Mission as well.

OB is awesome and youve got Jaou Cunha right
there too..MT and BJJ for 130 a month

I live downtown and I can walk to the Gaslmap but God Damn its expensive and I cant walk 4 feet with out tripping over a bum

OB is ok, I had friends that lived down there and after a while it kinda got annoying. I pay about $610 a month for a room in a nice house in Mira Mesa ( although it is far from SDSU). Maybe you can try some of the other colleges. I don't know much about UCSD, but maybe you could look into that also.

College area isnt that bad..Cheap places and lots of hot SDSu girls.(who are kinda skanky too)

Hi all:

Thinking of relocating to San Diego from the Midwest and found a lot of info in this thread helpful. Right now I'm looking for nice, affordable places to live and OB seems like one of them. Any other nice, safe neighborhoods to rent apts in where I don't have to worry about my Honda getting jacked? What neighborhoods should I stay away from? Also, which gym has the cheapest monthly rate? I don't care what style just as long as its bjj, mma, or mt and affordable. I can't spend $100/month on training.

Anyone in the IT industry can hook me up with a job? :)

Thanks!

SD all day over LA....SD is an awesome place to live and the women are very easy on the eyes. You wont regret it

Back