Questions about Michael McDonald

TommyHearns

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ive watched a few of his fights and its interesting coz hes so much shorter than some opponents. Even when hes standing up straight he looks short enough to be clinched and kneed. I try to see how he avoids being kneed but cant. The opponent seems to be in good position sometimes but doesnt try to knee him.

Michael is so explosive, and he has fast hands, so when guys try to knee him he fires punches. Bobjansky kneed him a few times.

McDonald is awesome. He always puts on a pretty good show.

Mac's kicks are pretty punishing as well. Has he still got that small highlight clip on his site? Take a look at it.

McDonald recently said on an interview with Sherdog that he always fights from a distance, or at least tries. That would help him not get kneed. He also is a great kicker and boxer, so that keeps fighters from a distance, especially less-skilled ones.

Btw, he still does have that clip up. And if you write him an e-mail asking his thoughts on being a fighter, he always writes back. He's great to his fans.

It seems like he keeps his rear foot pointed very outwards, almost backwards. Does that increase power for him somehow?

TommyHearns said:
Ive watched a few of his fights and its interesting coz hes so much shorter than some opponents. Even when hes standing up straight he looks short enough to be clinched and kneed. I try to see how he avoids being kneed but cant. The opponent seems to be in good position sometimes but doesnt try to knee him.

So where are the questions?

EastPointKck said:
So where are the questions?
No one else here had any trouble seeing what the question was. :rolleyes:

I try to see how he avoids being kneed but cant. The opponent seems to be in good position sometimes but doesnt try to knee him.
Clearly my question is, how does he avoid being kneed being so short.

Back