questions about hand wraps

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Shoob**, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Shoob** Banned Banned

Helo everyone! I have these gloves: eSportsonline - sporting goods, outdoor recreation, and games

and after awhile of punching my heavy bag, my hands hurt a little bit, so I thought buying hand wraps might help, but I have some questions first;

Do I need to buy 2 rolls of hand wraps, one for each hand?
    Do I cut the wrap in half, or do i wrap the whole thing around my hands so that I use the whole roll per hand?
    Does the size of the roll matter, should I specifically buy one to fit my hand, or do the rolls fit all hand sizes? ( my hands are small )

Thank you!

2. ECS123 Purple Belt

Hey Shoob,

Those are probably not the best gloves for "hang banging" and that may be why your hands hurt. Hand wraps come (2) per roll (one for each hand) and the 180 inch Mexican style hand wraps are the type most people use.

:icon_chee

3. Cdn_Fight_Fan Green Belt

They are sold in sets of two, one for each hand.

Wrap the whole thing around your hand. There is a loop at one end that you put your thumb through, and on the other end there is velcro to keep it secure. So if you cut it you won't be able to wrap properly.

180" wraps are generally considered the best and what most people use. If you have really small hands maybe 140" or 120" would be better.

4. Mitchell Yellow Belt

From the illustration in your previous thread it doesn't appear that you have hands so this shouldn't be an issue for you, I don't even know how you would get gloves to work.

5. Bennosuke Blue Belt

Yes get wraps. Use this website for learning how to put them on. HANDWRAPS basic26

Also, I would get better gloves. Look through this forum for good advice on gloves. Proper hand protection is very important. I blew a tendon in my right hand from not properly protecting my hands while working a heavy bag.