Questions about bottom side control with underhook and dogfight

Anthas

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
So my game is heavily based on underhooks, and I usually find myself getting them even against good guys. I get them in half and even side control bottom and I would like to know about your higher percentage techniques or series from there.

I normally get the "plan B" sweep from half if they whizzer me or get to dogfight, where I find myself lacking good options, or to be more accurate, wondering which are the "better" ones. Also I'm starting to think about playing more with the lockdown... been cheking out the boa sweep from there... Any ideas? (lots of 10th planet names here but I actually have a pretty classic bjj game... funny)

Mmmm.... That could work for me! Come on Gambledub, throw some of your giffs my way!

I love playing a traditional halfguard/underhook game and then switching to a half butterfly hook and hook sweeping from there. I played lockdown hg for too long and it stunted my growth honestly at blue belt. Lots of stalling, not as much jiu jitsu.

I'm a purple and have never played lockdown... but I'm wondering if I'm missing something... seeing guys like Tonon use it... Also I never seem to get the butterfly half... weird, because I'm a seated guard, butterfly, single leg x player and seems like the logic adittion...

I am half guard player. These days I try to go to dog fight Lucas Leite style.
I don't play lockdown because from my past experience I have found that good knee shield half guard works best for me and I can either go to deep half or dog fight from there.
If I loose knee shield I use techniques shown in Caio Terra 111 half guard techniques dvd to get knee shield back or get undertook.

I am half guard player. These days I try to go to dog fight Lucas Leite style.
I don't play lockdown because from my past experience I have found that good knee shield half guard works best for me and I can either go to deep half or dog fight from there.
If I loose knee shield I use techniques shown in Caio Terra 111 half guard techniques dvd to get knee shield back or get undertook.

And which are your favourite options from the dogfight?

From dogfight I'm a big fan of limp arming out of the whizzer to attack the back.

And which are your favourite options from the dogfight?

From dogfight I am always looking for the takedown. Use your right hand to block his left knee and take down.
Option 2 if he starts driving his weight into you, grab his pants on his left knee with you right hand, and go under him to get the sweep. Watch lucas Leite
Option 3 if he throws you down with wizzer from dog fight switch to deep half.
Option 4 dog fight to limp arm to back take
Option 5 dog fight to triangle
Option 6 dog fight to omoplata
Option 7 dog fight to arm bar

Mmmm.... That could work for me! Come on Gambledub, throw some of your giffs my way!

I don't actually have many gifs for half guard! But this is a good example...

4Npvnzs.gif

I prefer to finish more like this if I can though...

dTZIczK.gif

I think I made a useful comprehensive vid on options let me know ur thoughts

Yep, great job. I had already checked out those videos, great options and tons of info!

I don't actually have many gifs for half guard! But this is a good example...

4Npvnzs.gif

I prefer to finish more like this if I can though...

dTZIczK.gif

I knew you would deliver!

Watch the techniques section in this video

I'm already kind of doing this series actually, but I was missing that third option for when they let go of the whizzer and post! The sweep when they have the whizzer is probably my favourite sweep tied with the simple trap and roll from under mount... both so simple and efortless... This is going to work great for me.

Thanks everybody!

A bit less of a reliable attack to a wily fighter, but I like to get onto my knees, act as if I'm driving in until they post their far arm and then jump into a triangle.

thnx cucci and anthas glad you liked it, I feel like the rest out there was so piece meal and not put together....too bad my vid got a lil messed up but it is mostly all there and good

Back