Questioning Javier Mendez as a coach

Vincentsky

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How legit is Javier Mendez ?

Is he really responsible for his fighters success or is it more of a case of iron sharpens iron at AKA?

Reason I ask is because it seems like khabib, DC, and Cain mostly rely on their wrestling pressure to win and khabibs striking particularly doesn’t look like it improved THAT much over the years..

Also Luke sufferered 2 ko losses in his last few fights his hands and defence looked like shit and he switched to hooft he is supposed to be great striking coach ( questionable )

Other guys who trained there like Koscheck also had terrible striking, and if you bring up BJ- here is a guy who is learns unusually fast hence his 3 year path to Bjj black belt.

Also his corner advice seems pretty generic. Him telling khabib “ Cain Valesques style” and khabib barely paying attention. It was his brother or cousin who told him to stop boxing in Russian after the 3rd.

Last edited:
91MuLufTTIL._SL1500_.jpg

He’s a great place for Cain V to rest after a brutal quad workout

I’m sure Luke nailed Demi on top of him too.

Hahahhahaa I don’t know how to edit the title someone please help it auto corrected

My uncle used to use me as a couch. 'Till they took him away

How legit is Javier Mendez ?

Is he really responsible for his fighters success or is it more of a case of iron sharpens iron at AKA?

Reason I ask is because it seems like khabib, DC, and Cain mostly rely on their wrestling pressure to win and khabibs striking particularly doesn’t look like it improved THAT much over the years..

Also Luke sufferered 2 ko losses in his last few fights his hands and defence looked like shit and he switched to hooft he is supposed to be great striking coach ( questionable )

Other guys who trained there like Koscheck also had terrible striking, and if you bring up BJ- here is a guy who is learns unusually fast hence his
Grats on the yellow belt

you've officially joined the ranks of sherdog alphas

To be fair, I have never had to sit on him but I assume he would be a horrible couch.

If he was my couch I would definitely take a seat and listen.

Back