Question to veterans on here..

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So i know when theres a american flag upside down it means that a veteran is in trouble.

So when i came back to jersey before i got on my flight. I was walking down heckel st in belleville nj. And there was a flag upside down infront of someone house. So i didnt know wether some kid was doing that as a joke not knowing what that means.

I actually turned the flag rightside up.

But my question is should i have evvn touched it? Even tho i did not know who put it there or even if cops or the VA knew about it?

Last edited:
You did the right thing. It was most likely some turd trying to show defiance. Cops won’t do anything about upset down flags, it’s technically protected under freedom of speech.

It's not necessarily a sign of disrespect. That's number 1. And I'd need context. Is there danger to life or property? Is there distress? Which, having American troops attacked by Iranian missiles is definitely a sign of distress. OR is it meant to be disrespectful. A few layers to this piece.

I'll tell you what's worse imo and people never get checked on it:

1) MMA fighters or athletes period who wipe their bodily fluids on the flag. I get it. You're proud of your country. But make sure you give that flag the respect it deserves.

2) People who are so "pro-country" that they drive with the flag billowing in the wind, but when they get to a stoplight, it's touching or dragging on the concrete. Actually called a guy out for that not too long ago.

I don't know how other countries do it, but if you're an American and you question how important the flag is to people, watch a funeral or retirement ceremony of a service member. That should put things in perspective real quick.

Some poor veteran was probably getting tortured and repeatedly gangraped inside and you messed up his only means to cry for help. Good job ts.

I wish i could show you guys a pic ill describe the whole context scenary in a sec im busy right now.

It's not necessarily a sign of disrespect. That's number 1. And I'd need context. Is there danger to life or property? Is there distress? Which, having American troops attacked by Iranian missiles is definitely a sign of distress. OR is it meant to be disrespectful. A few layers to this piece.

I'll tell you what's worse imo and people never get checked on it:

1) MMA fighters or athletes period who wipe their bodily fluids on the flag. I get it. You're proud of your country. But make sure you give that flag the respect it deserves.

2) People who are so "pro-country" that they drive with the flag billowing in the wind, but when they get to a stoplight, it's touching or dragging on the concrete. Actually called a guy out for that not too long ago.

I don't know how other countries do it, but if you're an American and you question how important the flag is to people, watch a funeral or retirement ceremony of a service member. That should put things in perspective real quick.

So nothing was damaged around the flag ANYWHERE. Nobody was outside the top of the flag was in the dirt with the bottom of the stick in the air. Nothing was broken into as far as ik by the looks of it.

Now i respect veterans and soldiers especially marines (SEMPER FI to all of them by the way). I dont like when ppl disrespect them.

Back