Question on Bas Rutten MMA Workout

mr_davil

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've searched on this, and I can't find the answer. I know most everyone swears by this set of workouts, so I figure someone can help me out.

I believe the set comes with an instructional DVD, but my question is about the CD's themselves. When you're working out with them, is he calling out numbers for different routines, like "6, 3, 1, 4" or is it more like "do crunches... now shadowbox...etc."

I ask because I have a horrid, horrid memory so I'm worried the # system would be something I'd forget.

Thanks!

actually, it's a little of both, depending on which particular workout cd you are using... The boxing and thai boxing ones are chiefly the numbered combo's, but the all around and mma workouts involve combos as well as calisthenics.

You'll eventually get used to the number-calling, trust me. Just be patient and keep trying to keep up as he barks them out. The cool part, to me, is that the numbers are combos instead of singular punches, which gets your muscle memory used to doing many things on one cue instead of many, if that makes any sense.

I don't know what I'd do without these cds, as I'm presently unable to train with others at a gym... really good stuff. Hope this helps, davil...

But the CDs didn't work for me since I fight south.....It made my brain go crazy trying to do everything backwards....I spent more time trying to figure out what to do then actualy doing the stuff...But yes, it is good when your ortho

Matt Conley said:
But the CDs didn't work for me since I fight south.....It made my brain go crazy trying to do everything backwards....I spent more time trying to figure out what to do then actualy doing the stuff...But yes, it is good when your ortho

lol, that sucks. I love them though, the combinations can get crazy but it helps you think fast so it's hard but worth it.

After a while, your brain goes on auto pilot. You don't think about what the combo is, you just do it.

Cool, cool. Thanks for all the info. I'm looking forward to improving my sparring game some, but my Cardio is definitely my biggest goal here. Sounds like I should get a nice mix from the discs. Consider 'em ordered.

There are only 4 combos, and they build on each other, so it is not hard to remember them. I would highly recommend this workout!

Matt Conley said:
Really, I never had a problem with it. You just get used to thinking that left is right and right is left. The only one that still gets me is the liver shot, as I still throw that with my left when it should be a right.

Back