Question from an mma fan

I also wanna add that the gloves are easier to see when the punches come.

And boxers only have to worry about 2 hands coming so most of their shots are able to be braced and ready for.

I use to backyard brawl a lot with my brothers and his friends, and they were all bigger than me and i would take huge shots when i watch them on camera. But when i got into some street fights, those punches were harder to see coming and just hurt a whole lot more.

I use to backyard brawl a lot with my brothers and his friends, and they were all bigger than me and i would take huge shots when i watch them on camera. But when i got into some street fights, those punches were harder to see coming and just hurt a whole lot more.

yep your backyard brawl's with some dumbass are a real good measuring stick

yep your backyard brawl's with some dumbass are a real good measuring stick

Well i used that as an example of my experience with being hit with gloves and then bareknuckle.

Thanks for adding to the post tho.

i have been hit sparring with 10oz and i have been hit barefist on the street.sparring hurt worse then in the street

Because of the gloves.

I wanna see some pro-boxers go at it with 4oz MMA gloves.
They'd be KOing each other left and right so theres no room for 40-0 records and no invincibility aura for anyone.

I wanna see if Floyd Mayweather can take a Takanori Gomi full windup Hadoken punch, no fucken way.

Oy vey :rolleyes:

Boxers with glass chins get weeded out earlier. Most (top level) pro boxers have had 100+ amateur fights. Guys with glass jaws don't usually make it to the top.

Compare that to alot of mma fighters who come from backgrounds in bjj and wrestling and haven't got hit that much.

Boxers are able to roll their head with punches as a last resort, reducing the impact.

Also, a lot of MMA fights are guys throwing constant full power haymakers at their opponents who have no defense.

The talent pool in boxing is much deeper in MMA because its been around much longer (in terms of the modern world!) and there's still way more money in boxing if you get to the top. So the guys with bad chins or defense get weeded out in the (many) amateur tournaments. Hell you'd even pick up on it in sparring in your local gym if you are really poor.

Plus the fact they don't have to worry about other things. Its like trying to take down a good wrestler. In pure wrestling you've no chance, if you can hurt him with punches or kicks then his mind is on other things and then you might be able to take him down.

Because of the gloves.

I wanna see some pro-boxers go at it with 4oz MMA gloves.
They'd be KOing each other left and right so theres no room for 40-0 records and no invincibility aura for anyone.

I wanna see if Floyd Mayweather can take a Takanori Gomi full windup Hadoken punch, no fucken way.

Gomi cant hit Mayweather with a full windup Hadoken punch.
You really think another for ounces of padding makes THAT much of a difference in the perceived durability of these fighters? I am sure if boxing went to four ounce gloves there would be more broken hands, and some punches might slip through guards, but boxing gloves dont offer some magical protection. Try getting hit with both kinds of gloves and by the same guy and tell me how much of a difference you feel.
Boxing is a striking sport, boxers are pure strikers, they are better at taking shots. Its that simple.

Iv heard bob arum and Toney I think call mma fighters glass chinned, do boxing fans agree with this and if so why do you think this is?

i would think they're glass chinned compared to guys who only take punches for a living. isn't that what pro boxing is all about?

i think arum's insults toward mma are a little overdone, but why question the obvious?

it's almost like asking if we agree with someone who said that street fighters can't wrestle with the best of wrestlers... :redface:

There's many a knockdown in boxing. You've got to remember these guys aren't getting chased down and taking shots while pretty much weary. Plus the level of striking , offense and defense is just lower.

It comes from the sparring and constant blows to the head,im surprised that most of the people here didnt know this or already understand it.Boxers take repetitive shots to the head more so than Kickboxers because in boxing your only allowed to strike above the waist...

Back