Question for those with striking background

I saw Anderson do it in the Maia fight but he was basically joking around.

I can't imagine it hurts the guy at all, but it may help to create uncertainty through similar motions (i.e. it looks similar to a body jab). It seemed like Cerrone didn't really know when Benson was going to the body or to the legs, maybe the leg jabs helped.The other thing is Benson's kicks to Cerrone's rear leg, which I thought were really cool as that's basically a muay thai thing. The rear leg is not conditioned anywhere near as much as the front so it's easier to hurt.Why would you check a lead kick with your rear knee? Seems inefficient to reach across the body like that.

But then again, I don't really train muay thai so much as Kickboxing with Knees. lol

Maybe I'm misremembering the move. I was speaking of what I thought was in step-in kick to the rear quad.

I was checking in/out of that fight a bit, lol. I thought the maneuver was Bendo stepping in and throwing a kick across the back quad with a round kick. Did I misunderstand Rogan?

Anyway, that would be countered with a knee that would damage the shin and off-balance the attacker. If you have proper balance and angle you can block the shin, square the body, and throw a knee or switch-knee to to the liver (depending upon your balance and flex).

I remember Yoel trying a thigh jab/punch vs Kennedy and Markes, he hit Kennedy right in the cup though lol.

Back