Question for those Left of center and those in the Center.

Ripskater

Johnny Mac's friend
Banned
Reaction score
With the Democrats going even farther Left, the unfounded rape accusations of Kavanaugh, and doubling down on #MeToo, fighting the patriarchy, LGBTQ+agenda, fighting white privilege. Even actions of Leftist protestors lately. How is this got you thinking about your votes in November? Does all this concern you and will it possibly impact your vote?

I am not American. But let's pretend I were :).
It would not change my vote. Because in the Kavanaugh case the Republicans stole the vote from Obama.
And in general Trump's incompetence is much more worrying than the Democrats moving to the left.
Bringing Bolton back alone would make me vote against Trump.

We get it, you are a misogynistic backwards fossil.

It would not change my vote. Because in the Kavanaugh case the Republicans stole the vote from Obama.
And in general Trump's incompetence is much more worrying than the Democrats moving to the left.
No problem, thanks for answering.

With the Democrats going even farther Left, the unfounded rape accusations of Kavanaugh
I am less concerned with Blasey Ford's accusations than with Kavanaugh's repeated perjury and open partisanship.

doubling down on #MeToo, fighting the patriarchy, LGBTQ+agenda, fighting white privilege. Even actions of Leftist protestors lately.
Identity politics, Identity politics, Identity politics.

Universal healthcare, responsible environmentalism, protecting workers rights.

These are the reasons I will vote Democratic.

What policies being proposed by Democratic politicians-- you know actual policies-- would you like to discuss?

Last edited:
What those pseudo-activists are doing is pushing more and more people to #WalkAway and vote Republican. Trump's going to be re-elected if they keep it up and we'll see a meltdown like no other.

I wasnt ven going to vote at all this time around. But after the bullshit that they put Kavanaugh through, if I do vote it sure as shit wont be for the Democrats. But then again, I'm also not a huge fan of the Republicans in general anymore, which pretty much leaves me up shit creek.

We get it, you are a misogynistic backwards fossil.
In real life, in neighborhoods across America, homes still have father's, and children, and look "normal."

I'm guessing a lot of centre and centre-left will vote against Trump, regardless of what the TS could list in the oP.

As someone generally in the centre, centre/right on this forum who gets grief from those on the far Right and far Left regularly I can say the whole affair i witnessed as an unbiased spectator certainly has led me to believe that US politics is corrupted badly and broken from within.

The far right has adopted this ultimate victim mentally and sees themselves as victims and at threat of everything. A laughable position considering they hold all the power (House, Senate, Presidency, Courts) and yet cry and cry and cry about how hard done by they are. The Party who once screamed about un-elected officials (courts) making law now supports the courts making law as one of their first principles. The far Right found love of Putin and Kim , when they prior decried the very idea of Obama meeting without agreed to concessions would be laughable if it was not so pathetic. What I have seen from the Far Right is that they hold zero principles or ethics and can accept any position that gains and keeps them power and that is scary as they hold nothing sacred by power.

On the far left you see principled stands, that have just been taken over by the nutty wing of the party and the moderates have been brow beaten into keeping quiet lest they be branded on the right, shouted down and shamed. The Far Left have shown they have no hesitation to eat their own even some of the strongest progressive voices if you do not tow the line. Scary as well but you can definitely identified their ethics and principles and therefore make a plan to engage them, even if you do not agree with how they go about things.

Both sides decays are problematic but the decay in the Far Right is far more dangerous IMO. People like TS who show they have zero moral fiber will always worry me the most.

I was left of center 5 years ago. That's how much the field has shifted. I stayed in the same spot.

I wasnt ven going to vote at all this time around. But after the bullshit that they put Kavanaugh through, if I do vote it sure as shit wont be for the Democrats. But then again, I'm also not a huge fan of the Republicans in general anymore, which pretty much leaves me up shit creek.
Would you rather elect Trump or Cortez in 2020? It seems many Americans find either option not very palatable. It's too bad there isn't some sort of legitimate third option.

personally, the Ford/Kavanaugh thing didn't bother me, nor will it sway my vote. I saw merit on both sides of that debate.

however, regarding the radical leftist new ideology of racism, shouting down free speech, identity politics, blaming all the of world failures on "cis Gender white men", and...not to mention the most disgusting facet of the new left, "white progressive ethno-masochists."

I've never seen a more pathetic group of people...absolute fu*king scum.

when you draw a line in the sand, and I see them on one side, I sure as hell know which side I'm choosing.

True liberals, if you to curb the "red tide", it's time you confront these insane fu*ks.

As someone generally in the centre, centre/right on this forum who gets grief from those on the far Right and far Left regularly I can say the whole affair i witnessed as an unbiased spectator certainly has led me to believe that US politics is corrupted badly and broken from within.

The far right has adopted this ultimate victim mentally and sees themselves as victims and at threat of everything. A laughable position considering they hold all the power (House, Senate, Presidency, Courts) and yet cry and cry and cry about how hard done by they are. The Party who once screamed about un-elected officials (courts) making law now supports the courts making law as one of their first principles. The far Right found love of Putin and Kim , when they prior decried the very idea of Obama meeting without agreed to concessions would be laughable if it was not so pathetic. What I have seen from the Far Right is that they hold zero principles or ethics and can accept any position that gains and keeps them power and that is scary as they hold nothing sacred by power.

On the far left you see principled stands, that have just been taken over by the nutty wing of the party and the moderates have been brow beaten into keeping quiet lest they be branded on the right, shouted down and shamed. The Far Left have shown they have no hesitation to eat their own even some of the strongest progressive voices if you do not tow the line. Scary as well but you can definitely identified their ethics and principles and therefore make a plan to engage them, even if you do not agree with how they go about things.

Both sides decays are problematic but the decay in the Far Right is far more dangerous IMO. People like TS who show they have zero moral fiber will always worry me the most.
It seems like the far left are significantly more vitriolic and violent as of late. How do you quantify danger in this instance?

Bork
Reid
Google those
They did this to themselves

personally, the Ford/Kavanaugh thing didn't bother me, nor will it sway my vote. I saw merit on both sides of that debate.

however, regarding the radical leftist new ideology of racism, shouting down free speech, identity politics, blaming all the of world failures on "cis Gender white men", and...not to mention the most disgusting facet of the new left, "white progressive ethno-masochists."

I've never seen a more pathetic group of people...absolute fu*king scum.

when you draw a line in the sand, and I see them on one side, I sure as hell know which side I'm choosing.

True liberals, if you to curb the "red tide", it's time you confront these insane fu*ks.
"Red tide" is a good term to describe some portion of the current Democratic party. I don't see how the far left Democrats and the corporate Democrats can reconcile their agendas. Will the party split at some point moving forward?

Would you rather elect Trump or Cortez in 2020? It seems many Americans find either option not very palatable. It's too bad there isn't some sort of legitimate third option.

Between those two options? Honestly?

I'd have to go with Trump, if only because hes done the job for a few years. Not very well at times, but the experience is there. Cortez would be in wildly over her head, plus her smile creeps me right the fuck out.

Back