Question for the U.S. guys, was Wandy right to be concerned about fighting Stann?

Wanderlei is more popular in America than Stann is, I think.

There would be no negative effect on Wands popularity amongst the fans in the U.S if he were to beat Stann. During the fight he may get alot more boo's maybe just because randoms will be rooting for the American.

But as far as after the fight, long term there's nothing to worry about. Wanderlei will remain one of the most loved fighters, rightfully so.

I think Wand was more concerned that it was a bad style matchup than the "make the US fans mad" thing, to be honest. Stann is a brawler like Wand but is younger, bigger, stronger, hits harder and has an iron chin. Very ugly matchup for Wand.

But no, if Wand KO'd Stann I think most US fans would celebrate, especially the older fans who love Wand.

I'm a big fan of both, but I would rather see Wanderlei win, or at least lose in a competitive fight. I'm just worried he's going to get hurt.

Stann didn't fight in Pride so Sherdog posters don't care for him. I can't wait for Stann to knock Wandy out.

People in the US are generally far less patriotic than other countries like Brazil. You never hear a Brazilian fighter pick against another Brazilian. They often credit and thank Brazil and its fans. In the US we really don't care unless it's the Olympics.

I hope Wanderlei KO's him and I am from USA

We ought to chop your nuts off shove them up your ass and sew your asshole shut, shove your un fucking American ass in a lil box and ship you to Iraq you lil piece of shit

We ought to chop your nuts off shove them up your ass and sew your asshole shut, shove your un fucking American ass in a lil box and ship you to Iraq you lil piece of shit

Wow, that was a lot more subtle than I was going to be. :cool:

Back