Question for the U.S. guys, was Wandy right to be concerned about fighting Stann?

Wand is far more popular, even with the casuals and the fight will be on Japan, were Wand is a GOD

You're asking this question to Sherdog which isn't the main demographic of the UFC.

Go to some trailer parks in Georgia or South Carolina and you'll get a better answer of who they prefer.... and I think its the murica guy.

Chael Sonnen and Phil Davis didn't see a drop in popularity when they beat Stann.

Stann is a stand-up guy and a war hero. He has the respect of most Americans, but I don't think that we really dislike people who beat him. Both Stann and Wand are honorable men who give it all in the octagon. We don't want Wand to throw the fight, we want Wand to try his best to win, and if he does, good for him.

Stann also isn't the legend that Wand is. I don't know any MMA fan who dislikes Wand.

Of course, I don't speak for all Americans, but this is my take.

Only thing Wandy needs to be concerned with Stann's KO power and his own lack of chin anymore. Wandy is a LEGEND in MMA so he doesn't have to worry at all about popularity.

It is impossible to hate Wand. While Stann is respected for his service most Americans won't hate Wand for beating him. Its part of sports.

i really like stann and hes a very tough fighter and i respect his service. I'm from the US. That being said I am huge Wandy fan he could be from anywhere and I still hope he wins by brutality.

Wanderlei Silva - "I promise violence."

I can't speak for all fans or all American fans, but I wouldn't mind seeing Wanderlei get the win. Stann seems like a great guy, but I doubt he'll be challenging Anderson anytime soon.

I'm sure old school fans agree. I doubt WWE fans know enough about Stann to care either way.

absolutely not... for the vast, vast majority of MMA fans here in the States, Wandy is just as popular as Stann

Of course not. The Americans are not crazy like the Brazillians.

he WAS right to be concerned

but he doesn't have that much to worry about, because of his immense popularity

Im an american and a veteran, and I STILL want to see wand win by Ko

he WAS right to be concerned

but he doesn't have that much to worry about, because of his immense popularity

Im an american and a veteran, and I STILL want to see wand win by Ko

Amen bro. Amen.

nah this is gonna be a war and people will love both of them afterwards

Wand is a lot more popular in the US. If it would have been in Vegas or So Cal or any other big MMA place he would have been the crowd favorite.

Back