Question for social progressives about gender verse race social construct

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got a question for any social progressives here. The Elizabeth Warren fiasco got me to thinking. Why are social progressives pushing the idea that gender is a social construct, but not race?

Let me expand a bit here. Gender as in X and Y chromosome, is science. There are 2 genders. Gender roles however, what it means to be a man, or women, that is a social construct.

Now, with race, the same can be said. There is genetic race, and their is racial identity. Most of the world genetically is a mutt, and yet we talk about race as if white has a definition. At what % from your DNA test, are you kicked out of team white people, or team black people?

See, in the way race and gender are usually talked about, they are social constructs, and not scientific definitions.

So why don't we hear the talk about race being a social construct?

Is the answer as simple as intersectionalism, or is it that racial intersectionalism isn't politically viable for dems, and yet gender is?

If that is the latter, I might have to think about becoming a white nationalist over being associated in any way with social progressives, and the DNC. That would be the definition of social corrosion for the sake of political gain.

Discuss.........

Last edited:
In Canada you can become an honorary Indian chief if you pay them a lot of money.

trudeau-ceremonial-chief-20160304-topix.jpg

How is that not like dressing up in blackface?

I guess it is acceptable because a native chief put the headdress on him. It would be like a black guy putting the blackface makeup on a white person making him an honorary black man.

An Indian Chief puts the headdress on Trudeau and then takes a traditional selfie. The selfie is a sacred ritual which has been passed down through generations.

trudeau_ceremonial_chief_20160304.jpg

I guess it is acceptable because a native chief put the headdress on him. It would be like a black guy putting the blackface makeup on a white person.

An Indian Chief puts the headdress on Trudeau and then takes a traditional selfie:

trudeau_ceremonial_chief_20160304.jpg

I think it is the face paint that actually bugs me a bit. The head dress would just be a shoulder shrug.

Btw, the idea that race is a social construct completely destroys the idea of cultural appropriation. Those two ideas can't exist in the same world.

How is that not like dressing up in blackface?

blackface is more of a caricature. this outfit is legit native dress and the act was supported by said natives.

as for the OP, i think a lot of people are using the word "gender" differently, and that is causing this recent identity politics shitstorm. to some people:

• gender is used to describe where a person falls on the masculine/feminine behavior spectrum
  • gender is used to describe your body parts
so when people are chatting and using different semantics behind the word, it causes outrage on both sides.

You are already doing that in the US.
How many American's consider themselves white but could not pass an Aryan test if their life depended on it?

We have to differentiate sex from gender for starters. As far as gender, I think it can be argued that how feminine/masculine someone is (based on whatever standard) is on a scale. Hence "manly men" vs not so, "tomboys", etc. As far as the 70,000 genders thing I don't know, I don't pay that much attention to gender to be honest.

Race is literally made up. There's people with different traits of course, but that's it. There aren't different races of humans.

Race is real and race matters. Medical science can point to significant differences between ethnicities, and as it turns out in the clinic and as a clinician your differential diagnosis changes drastically for the same S/Sx when the patient is a different race. The next leap is to acknowledge that biology and evolution don't stop at the neck. The experiment of multiculturalism needs to end.

blackface is more of a caricature. this outfit is legit native dress and the act was supported by said natives.

as for the OP, i think a lot of people are using the word "gender" differently, and that is causing this recent identity politics shitstorm. to some people:

• gender is used to describe where a person falls on the masculine/feminine behavior spectrum
  • gender is used to describe your body parts
so when people are chatting and using different semantics behind the word, it causes outrage on both sides.

I originally thought this was the point, to make people realize that what people think of as gender and race, isn't actually gender and race.

That in scientific terms they have concrete definitions, that have nothing to do with being gay or straight, or strong or caring, or any of a million other traights that are associated with the social constructs that are race, sexual identity/gender.

Not so sure that is the case anymore. Starting to wonder of this is just about activating voter blocks, and while gender as a social construct achieves political gain, race as a social construct, would actually hurt the Dems in their attempts to activate voting blocks.

Elizabeth Warren is the first person to fail a DNA test.

Type "is race real" into google and check out the search results my man

How thorough. Let me ask you, should a doctor treat a patient the same regardless of their race given the same set of signs and symptoms?

How thorough. Let me ask you, should a doctor treat a patient the same regardless of their race given the same set of signs and symptoms?
I already said people have different traits, read the actual science

In terms of common use, or in terms of genetics.

In terms of common use, I agree race is completely made up.

In terms of genetics, of course it is not.

I'm not sure with what you mean by common use.

Back