Question for punches. (SELF DEFENSE)

bck said:
The fights that I've seen and have been in myself have shown me that the guy that takes it to the ground first is usually the one to win. Learn how to wrestle and a few submissions or so and you should be fine to fight an average Joe from the local bar.
LOL! Yes take the guy down to the ground so his buddies have an easier time of punting your jaw up into your brain. Or better yet pull guard on the pavement so your back gets tore up on the glass and rocks or even better so the opponent can stab you with his keys,knife or pencil.
Man STFU

simple forumla:

Strike as fast and hard as possible.

You want the maximium amount of damage done with lowest chance of error.

flurry.. one hit KO's are for movies... in the real world, you want max odds by increasing the number of strikes landed. if you throw one punch you have one chance of a KO.. throw 15 then you got 15 chances.

FACT: real fights last 5-15 seconds... feels like forever in them but really they last about 10 seconds... you'd be surprised how many "bad ass" gas by the 5th second.

FACT: if you train odds are you can do more damage then you think... if he doesnt train he CANT take as much damage as he thinks.

first punch will always dictate the fight. it's always the hardest punch. if you take it and stand then odds are he's toast. if he hurts you odds are you go into semi shock you'll get put on the ground and get curb kicked hopefully not to death.

hoenstly... dont fight... its not movies.. it's dirty ugly and brutal...

but...

if you smell blood, go into a fightin stance or a boxing stance and warm up if with some quick boxing combo's AND BE AGGRESSIVE. he can weight more then you by 50 lbs and have a foot on ya BUT he'll back down. WHY?

no body picks a fight with a guy they dont think they can win.

if he thinks you cna straight fuck him up and slap him around like a bitch and walk away with his girl cuz your a man and he not... and on top of it all... your small then him.. he wont take the chance.

____

edit... reread again.. no fight expereince? are you FUCKED?

a couple years of TKD and some untrained heavy bag work will only lead to aa even worse beating! street fighters, legit fighters who love to scrap will ahve more fights under they're belt then you' had big mac's.

have you ever been punched full force bare knuckled before? if it's no you'd go into shock and back peddle intil you trip and fall and he or they keep kicking your in the face until you stop moving.

they know what to do, how to do it, and the confidence to do it. they'll have 3 or 4 thing they alwasy do and they'll do it over and over again cuz it'll work and it has worked... and they'll take it much further then you ever would.

join a KM, JKD or seal training or a GOOD MA/MMA place... if not... pick out a nice coffin. cuz unless your willing to pay your dues... your dues are gonna be takin out of your ass.

a good street fighter can paste 90% of the guy who prolly posted in this thread.

if the guy is kinda flabby try a couple body shots, i mean if you see an opening. imo, you shouldnt aim for the chin but the nose.

fuck all that brawl and aim for the chin shit. if you don't know how to box and aren't comfortable taking a punch or standing, take that shit to the ground, double leg and beat that ass or go for a choke, chokes probably end fights easier than "swinging for the fences" 40 times. if you can throw one hard right hand right at his face or kick him square in the nuts, and then take him down.

lucid said:
flurry.. one hit KO's are for movies... in the real world, you want max odds by increasing the number of strikes landed. if you throw one punch you have one chance of a KO.. throw 15 then you got 15 chances.

FACT: real fights last 5-15 seconds... feels like forever in them but really they last about 10 seconds... you'd be surprised how many "bad ass" gas by the 5th second.

well, real fights last short, but most of the time its cuz hte guy is in fetal position, stunned like a deer in headlights, than him hurt. you're right, flurries trigger this best. its easy to overwhelm and stun someone with pitty patty punches, but that's a risk; it only works if the person has not been hit a lot before.

Lorenz0 said:
Hello all how are ya'll doin? I'm kinda new here I've been off and on.
I've trained TKD for a few years, and at home on the bag off and on. I've come a long way physically, but as well as fight experience I'd have to admit I have NONE!

Anyways, this is a SELF DEFENSE question. I would like to have the confidence and ability to be able to defend myself or others properly from any trouble that occures. Recently I've had a few run-ins with "JERKS" who act tought and basically disturb the public peace. I've really questioned wether or not to get involved.

I've alreayd almost got in a few fights due to the fact people here in southern california take a "glance" or "stare" as a challenge even if the stare is out of curiousity. This has arisen some serious deep internal need for the proper self-defense mechanism or technique or whatever.

ANYWAYS! All this BS and ranting aside, if anybody can give me a regiment to give me a guaranteed way to develop "Knock-out" power, I would appreciate it. I know the basics of punching/boxing and I know I can generate a good power, or possibly knock someone out if I wanted to, but the fact is I need to have some kind of repetition or regimen I can build off of STRICTLY for self-defense.

Thank you all ;)

Here's the closest i can give to a guaranteed knockout. Only use this if you feel genuinly threatened and you know it's going to get physical.

Ask them a question. Right when you've finished your sentence hit em on the chin. I always asked em "So what are you tryin to say?" BAM! It works.

Michael Wanaka said:
Here's the closest i can give to a guaranteed knockout. Only use this if you feel genuinly threatened and you know it's going to get physical.

Ask them a question. Right when you've finished your sentence hit em on the chin. I always asked em "So what are you tryin to say?" BAM! It works.

Agree.

The best thing is to just try and avoid it. However if you can't avoid it for whatever reason then don't hesitate at all. It happens to many times people talking trash and pushing each other because neither wants to be the one to start the fight. If you know your going to be in a fight and there is no avoiding it then just fucking nail him and don't think twice about it. If you land a clean shot to start off with (and if your going to throw first you damn well better land it) then just keep hitting him until he drops, don't give him a chance to get his senses back. Once he drops just walk away, he's been beat leave him alone.

shit, you don't need knockout power. if the fight is in the streets, then fight dirty. throw some sand in his eyes, kick him in the nuts, give him a couple of punches. make sure he goes down. then kick him on the side of his head for good measure. make sure he stays down. permanently.

you wanna learn how to punch then join a boxing gym, simple as that, whatever you learn in a boxing gym is very practical for the street as well, you dont need to make alot of adjustments for the street when boxing it is a street ready sport. power is not as important as is the balance and acccuracy, if you know where your throwing at all times and you have your feet set, your gonna be up messing mofos in no time

Go to a MT, boxing school...not to teach you how to fight in the street...but to teach you not to...or more like take away your motivation to fight in the street

Back