Question for Cain fans

I'm a Cain fan, I've never heard somebody say the 1st fight didn't count.

That's because you registered in June. LOTS of people said that it was a fluke, Cain didn't go for the TD, was injured, one minute shows nothing, he woulda shoulda coulda and so on.

I have noticed that a lot (not all) of Cain fans like to say that the first fight "didn't count" or was "irrelevant" because Cain was neve able to impose his game on JDS but then they always predict Cain to take JDS down right away and smash him with gnp. My question is if the fight went like that (Cain taking JDS down and smashing him with gnp for the tko) wouldn't that make the rematch irrelevant because JDS never got to impose his game?

PS if the fight did go like that I wouldn't say that it didn't count, I would give Cain credit for his victory, something that most Cain fans can't do.

I am a Cain fan and I never said the first fight was a fluke

Well, no one thought the fight didn't count, as pointed out above. Some people did say the punch that KO'd Cain was flukish, and while it was a flash KO, JDS has enormous power. I am not buying that it is flukish per se, but I doubt the 2nd fight will end the same way. Definitely possible KO, but I don't think a 90 second flash KO is likely.

I have noticed that a lot (not all) of Cain fans like to say that the first fight "didn't count" or was "irrelevant" because Cain was neve able to impose his game on JDS but then they always predict Cain to take JDS down right away and smash him with gnp. My question is if the fight went like that (Cain taking JDS down and smashing him with gnp for the tko) wouldn't that make the rematch irrelevant because JDS never got to impose his game?

PS if the fight did go like that I wouldn't say that it didn't count, I would give Cain credit for his victory, something that most Cain fans can't do.

diaz 1, 2 , 5

I would never say the first fight didnt count. That would just be stupid. With that said I think the only way to truly see how one guy stacks up against the other is for them to go at it at least for a couple of minutes, so they have a chance to pit the full arsenal of skills against one another. JDS KTFOed Cain, theres no doubt about it, but to disregard Cains entire skill set based on that makes no sense. To me saying "The first fight didnt count because it only lasted 40seconds" is just as foolish as saying "Cain has no chance because he got Koed in 40seconds."
IMO, Cain and JDS are the two best heavyweights whose testes aren't shrunken to the size of grapes, anything could happen.

Back