Question for Americans: Does living in an RV = poor?

I'm another non American,is there any communities where trailer parks are not full of 'trash' ?

You can buy some pretty sweet pre-made houses that are technically double-wide trailers. You see them out on ranches sometimes. You could very well be well off and live in a double-wide luxury trailer.

My in-laws have a double wide trailer that is really nice. If you entered it you would think it was a normal large single story home.

You can buy some pretty sweet pre-made houses that are technically double-wide trailers. You see them out on ranches sometimes. You could very well be well off and live in a double-wide luxury trailer.

My in-laws have a double wide trailer that is really nice. If you entered it you would think it was a normal large single story home.

I was actually thinking more of average/below average wealth families,i can think of council estates or tower blocks in the UK,where a streets distance can separate a shithouse of an area to a nice pleasant environment....surely there must be at least one decent trailer park in all the enormity of the US.

I was actually thinking more of average/below average wealth families,i can think of council estates or tower blocks in the UK,where a streets distance can separate a shithouse of an area to a nice pleasant environment....surely there must be at least one decent trailer park in all the enormity of the US.

Ok in that case I can point your to the north east (think NYC/Boston area for you non US folks). There are trailer park slots there that are worth more than houses in the midwestern US (think Kansas or Texas). That's due the fact that a dollar on the coasts is worth a lot more than a dollar in the middle of the US. For example my wife earns 125,000 USD as a teacher on the coast compared to 48,000 for a Kansas teacher. Some of the trailer parks are actually sort of classy because you can afford just about anything for your trailer.

Better than apartment living I would imagine. Even expensive apartments are shitty places to live.

If it's good enough for Wynn Duffey, it's good enough for me.

gif2.gif

We are very deeply connected with the RV community.....I can tell you many of us travel and or live in large Motorhomes by choice, it's an amazing life...America is big with literally thousands of places to choose from that we can park for a night or a year....Some of the confusion, and this confusion is born out of ignorance....is around trailer parks, the units are also known as park models......but like any neighborhood diversity, some trailer parks are slums, and some are very nicely appointed five star resorts......we plan on splitting our time between a Boat and a Motorhome.....it awsome....

Why do some people retire and buy a huge motorhome. Old people don't drive too well then they get these big vehicles that they've never driven before and sometimes pull a car behind it. They often use them to visit relatives and park there for a few days.

Even trailer parks can be upscale--Million dollar trailers in Malibu, Hamptons, Seattle etc

I'm a huge RV fan. And as has been said, they can be SUPER swank. Hope to get one one day.

Back