Question for Americans: Does living in an RV = poor?

icemanliddell

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For me, I am pretty much okay with slick sedans. But someday I love to own an RV or mobile home where I can drive across a country, buy, gather, hunt local produce, or perhaps conduct business while travelling.

Yet there seems to be a stigma in American media where people living in RV = poor and basket cases.

What do you think?

Not from the States so forgive me if I sound ignorant. Hehe.

Ok, here is a cute little Isuzu ELF for you...

ISUZU_ELF_6th_Gen,_Standard-Cab-type_Recreational_Vehicle.jpg

If you park it in front of Walmart you are poor. If you park it at a national park you are not.

I think you're confusing living in an RV with living in a trailer.

Two different things.

RV's are fun if you're traveling cross country.

The former means you're poor.

Edit: that little Isuzu looks very un-American, btw.

Get yourself a nice Fleetwood and ride in style, homie.

Sure. There's lots of retirement 65+ communities that are nothing more than really nice trailer parks.

I'm another non American,is there any communities where trailer parks are not full of 'trash' ?

Yea wheels =ballin
No wheels = trash

Seems like a great alternate way of living for those who have a different value system than most. I wouldn't mind owning one, but would also like to have a traditional house and use the RV as a getaway home/vehicle.

Query: Do people do Euro tours in an RV? Are there places to park that sumnabitch?

some rvs costs more than houses :(

maxresdefault.jpg

2015-millennium-h3-45-s4-10095.jpg

rvs are cool until your killed in one in an accident

My in laws sold their house last year and are living in one full time now, my wife and her sister live about 3 hours apart and they like being able to be close to one or the other depending on what the grandkids have going on. It's pretty nice, but I'd definitely go the route they did get a camper rather than an RV. We went and looked at them and the insides are pretty similar but the prices aren't - a loaded camper with pop out sides and all of the amenities can be yours for about 75k, similar RV's ran 200k and up. I'd rather not have my "house" connected to a motor anyway, just makes more sense to pull it with a truck that could be used for other things as well

What's your point exactly?

You're poor if you have no money. You're not poor if you have money. Where does living in an rv come into play?

Does someone thinking you're poor actually make you poor or something?

It means 3 things:

Poor
Old and adventurous
Criminal

There can also be a mix of these

My parents live in an RV that costs significantly more than my 3 story city home in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the entire country.

poor people can't afford RVs

RVs are expensive

I think you're confusing living in an RV with living in a trailer.

Two different things.

RV's are fun if you're traveling cross country.

The former means you're poor.

Edit: that little Isuzu looks very un-American, btw.

Get yourself a nice Fleetwood and ride in style, homie.

Your response > OP.

6.jpg

bus_49Exterior_header.jpg

Not exactly

I thought this was a Bay Area thread from the title.

My parents live in an RV that costs significantly more than my 3 story city home in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the entire country.

This kinda sounds like BS. 3 Story house in expensive city vs RV?

Not exactly

I thought this was a Bay Area thread from the title.

Nah man, his thread would go like: "I decided to use this guy's RV without permission the owner got pissy at me and tried to called the cops. WTF is wrong with this snitch?"

This kinda sounds like BS. 3 Story house in expensive city vs RV?

It's not. Google high-end RVs. They can cost millions of dollars.

Edit: By the way that isn't a brag post. My parents are successful. I'm apparently a failure. :(

Living in an RV and being constantly on the move would be tough with kids or with people who prefer stability and routine. There are also far less employment options. However, I've heard of more and more young couples who have flexible jobs doing this for a few years just to have an adventure. It's not something I would enjoy as a lifestyle, but i definitely get the appeal.

If I were single I'd be up for putting a nice airstream on some land to live in. Sounds like a dream scenario.

A nice RV and a trailer park are 2 totally different things. I always thought it would be super fun to live in an RV for a year or 2 and travel the country.

Dont worry about what other people think TS do whatever makes you happy because someone will always find something to hate about.

Yea wheels =ballin
No wheels = trash

filthy pete knows from experience because he lives in one with no wheels

It's ok if you use it for recreational purposes but it's a little different if it's your permanent residence.

In North America, RV's are for the wealthy, for the most part.

If it's good enough for Wynn Duffey, it's good enough for me.

My sister in law and her husband are currently living in their trailer. It's actually really nice. It's huge. Full kitchen, 2 tv's, sleeps like 6 adults but it's just them. They recently sold their house and are living 1/2 mile from the ocean until they find a new house. I could never do it for a long period of time but some of those rigs out there are nice.

It's not. Google high-end RVs. They can cost millions of dollars.

Edit: By the way that isn't a brag post. My parents are successful. I'm apparently a failure. :(

of course you're a failure,you're on sherdog:rolleyes:

of course you're a failure,you're on sherdog:rolleyes:

How dare you. The truth hurts. (I know you kid but my parents are not on sherdog or the internet at all and they are fantastically more successful than me.)

Back