Rumored Question for all you Sherdog muscle hut dudes-about Jon Jones

That's a lot of horsemeat.

As a rule of thumb, never take anything Chael says too seriously, as he knows nothing about most topics and is trying to make headlines for his videos and make bombastic statements almost always. I sense he's trying to troll Jon more than anything.

First of all, how much did Jon weigh before? Do we know he started eating more 3 months ago and not more? Is there confirmation, or where are we getting these numbers? I would assume he was about 225-230, probably more in the off season, so that could well be 10lbs of mass, not 15. Second, he's not training for a fight, it's possible that if he goes into camp and incorporates more cardio and such he can drop some water weight to 235 or whatever. Third, those 10-15lbs are not all muscle. When you reincorporate carbs or start eating more in general, your body also retains more water and glycogen. And a part of that weight gain is inevitably fat. Where is Chael getting that he didn't gain fat or water, just taking Jon for his word? Lastly, I can have 2-3lbs differences depending on which time of the day I weigh myself and I'm much lighter than Jon.

In short, it's hard to tell without body measurements and detailed before/after pics. We don't even know the exact starting/finishing numbers. And weight gain =/= muscle gain.

I do think Jon has juiced in the past. But there's nothing about those numbers by themselves that's necessarily suspect to me. I'd withhold my judgment unless someone can post some good evidence. His numbers and strength in the big lifts from what I've seen are nothing crazy. It's not strange for a 6'4" athletic guy who wasn't eating above maintenance to gain 10-15lbs in 2 or 3 months (of total weight, not muscle) if he starts eating with a purpose, and stops depleting himself to make a weightclass.

agreed. I am 6’6” and went from 215 to 235 in about 6 months. Body fat % went down during that time. Strength gains went up tremendously, largely due to working out hard and eating as much as I could, and stuffing myself with protein shakes. And in late 30s. No roids. Jon Jones could easily do 15 lbs in 90 days, especially eating right.

Just watched this Chael Sonnen video. Regardless of your personal opinion of his commentary, what do you think when he says that it's physiologically impossible that he could have added 15 lbs of "pure muscle" in 90 days (I assume he means naturally), and if he did, he would be the first human being in history to do it.

Is this possible or impossible?

Jon Jones said in an interview with Dan Hardy that he walks around at 240, the fact that he weighs that now isn't news

Jon Jones said in an interview with Dan Hardy that he walks around at 240, the fact that he weighs that now isn't news
OK, but he used to walk at 225 for LHW. He seems to be saying he did put on 15 pounds recently. Whether it's all muscle, who knows but if it's even 5 pounds of lean muscle in 90 days, I would be suspicious.

agreed. I am 6’6” and went from 215 to 235 in about 6 months. Body fat % went down during that time. Strength gains went up tremendously, largely due to working out hard and eating as much as I could, and stuffing myself with protein shakes. And in late 30s. No roids. Jon Jones could easily do 15 lbs in 90 days, especially eating right.
Alan Arogon's Natural Lean Muscle Mass Gain Model
According to Aragon, advanced trainees near their genetic potential are lucky to gain 0.25% to 0.5% of their total body weight gain as fat-free muscle per month. That makes the 10-pound-gain claims of already ripped celebrities seem outrageous, right?

In my opinion, it's rare to see a natural bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast close to their genetic muscular potential gain more than 2-3 pounds of lean muscle in a year. This is why it's an accomplishment when experienced bodybuilders manage to gain 7-10 pounds of fat-free muscle in a year.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/ask-the-ripped-dude-how-much-muscle-can-i-put-on-naturally.html

OK, but he used to walk at 225 for LHW. He seems to be saying he did put on 15 pounds recently. Whether it's all muscle, who knows but if it's even 5 pounds of lean muscle in 90 days, I would be suspicious.
That interview was days prior to the Santos fight, he has weighed 240 for awhile now

When did he say he did it “recently”? He just said he weighs 240. And any retard can tell it’s not all muscle. Well, almost any retard.....

Alan Arogon's Natural Lean Muscle Mass Gain Model
According to Aragon, advanced trainees near their genetic potential are lucky to gain 0.25% to 0.5% of their total body weight gain as fat-free muscle per month. That makes the 10-pound-gain claims of already ripped celebrities seem outrageous, right?

In my opinion, it's rare to see a natural bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast close to their genetic muscular potential gain more than 2-3 pounds of lean muscle in a year. This is why it's an accomplishment when experienced bodybuilders manage to gain 7-10 pounds of fat-free muscle in a year.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/ask-the-ripped-dude-how-much-muscle-can-i-put-on-naturally.html
You have to be trolling in this thread at this point........

Definitely possible if you're recovering from malnourishment, outside of that it probably won't happen even during a growth spurt

If you've never touched a gym, i think its possible

I was a skeleton and after my first 3-4 months i made a big change in my body.

Now, coming back to Jones, he works out frequently ... but 15lbs? I dont know...

If you've never touched a gym, i think its possible

I was a skeleton and after my first 3-4 months i made a big change in my body.

Now, coming back to Jones, he works out frequently ... but 15lbs? I dont know...
He simply weighs 240. He’s weighed close to that in the offseason in the past. But he’s also lifting heavy. So he’s adding weight and getting stronger. His last fight at LHW was feb. there’s nothing unusual here. OSP weighed in at 240 at HW in a shorter time frame. Only chael is suggesting it’s all muscle and some shertards lap it up.

He simply weighs 240. He’s weighed close to that in the offseason in the past. But he’s also lifting heavy. So he’s adding weight and getting stronger. His last fight at LHW was feb. there’s nothing unusual here. OSP weighed in at 240 at HW in a shorter time frame. Only chael is suggesting it’s all muscle and some shertards lap it up.

15lbs as in "muscle memory" i guess you mean? then yes, easy thing

15lbs as in "muscle memory" i guess you mean? then yes, easy thing
I mean he’s eating to get big, and lifting to get big, and as a result adding weight and strength. He hasn’t added anywhere near 15 lbs of muscle to his frame. He’s added around 15 lbs of total body weight over 9 months since his last fight.

Reactions: vlz
I mean he’s eating to get big, and lifting to get big, and as a result adding weight and strength. He hasn’t added anywhere near 15 lbs of muscle to his frame. He’s added around 15 lbs of total body weight over 9 months since his last fight.
Like you really know. First you're his personal attorney and now you're his personal trainer. Lol you crack me up.

It's impossible with or without steroids. End.

Like you really know. First you're his personal attorney and now you're his personal trainer. Lol you crack me up.
You’re the guy who believes chael that he gained 15 lbs of muscle in 90 days.

Jones is bulking up for hw. He last fought in feb. he weighs 240 now. And he’s lifting heavy weight, which makes him stronger. What part of that isn’t known to be factually true?

You are acting as if this is all very mysterious.

Here's the More plates more dates guy basically reiterating what I and others were saying. There's nothing weird about a 6'4" dude with skinny ass legs putting on 10-15lbs of weight if he starts eating more and lifting.

Chael's take about it being purely muscle is disingenuous, but what's worse is that some people take it seriously, lol. There's no reason to claim he gained 15lbs of muscle, because he didn't. Jon's new pictures don't look like he has a particularly low BF % compared to his previous fight shape, and he doesn't look 15lbs of solid muscle bigger.

Here's the More plates more dates guy basically reiterating what I and others were saying. There's nothing weird about a 6'4" dude with skinny ass legs putting on 10-15lbs of weight if he starts eating more and lifting.

Chael's take about it being purely muscle is disingenuous, but what's worse is that some people take it seriously, lol. There's no reason to claim he gained 15lbs of muscle, because he didn't. Jon's new pictures don't look like he has a particularly low BF % compared to his previous fight shape, and he doesn't look 15lbs of solid muscle bigger.

The thing about this video is the guy never says why Chael is wrong and when he analyzes the 'before' and 'after' pictures, he says before that Jones was "softer" and now he looks "lean" and "vascular". So I'm not sure what point he's trying to make.

You need to read the OP properly
Did you not say chael was credible? Did you not claim he’s probably right and knows more than posters online? Have you not been spending this thread still asking how he could have put on 15 lbs of muscle while being ripped and shredded? Cmon own it.

now answer what part of this isn’t factual:
Jones is bulking up for hw. He last fought in feb. he weighs 240 now. And he’s lifting heavy weight, which makes him stronger.

Back