Rumored Question for all you Sherdog muscle hut dudes-about Jon Jones

The consensus seems to be that it's not possible to put on 15 pounds of muscle in 90 days naturally so then the options are:

A) He didn't do it naturally.

B) He didn't do it at all. (although he says he has gained 15 pounds and the photos he posted show him lean, not fat)
Again he never said he did. Fuckin chael did.

He hasn’t fought at lhw since feb. To weigh 240 trying to gain weight by eating and lifting heavy by November is not heroic. Again DC fought in Jan at LHW and was 246 for HW in July. and jones is definitely carrying fat from the pictures.

OSP was 240 in May after a lhw fight the prior September. Was back down to lhw again in sept.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting this. I don't know who this guy is but he just keeps saying 'Chael's wrong, Jon didn't gain 15 pounds of muscle' and then when he compares pictures from now and 12 weeks ago, he says that he now looks "lean" and "vascular" and before he looks "softer" so it sounds to me like he's actually supporting Chael's point.

Just watched this Chael Sonnen video. Regardless of your personal opinion of his commentary, what do you think when he says that it's physiologically impossible that he could have added 15 lbs of "pure muscle" in 90 days (I assume he means naturally), and if he did, he would be the first human being in history to do it.

Is this possible or impossible?

People still getting trolled in 2020

Jon was 220ish actually shredded at LHW, he’s 240 now with 15 pounds of fat and maybe 5 pounds of muscle which was gained using steroids.

And fat AF, Jon is lean.
lol. you've seen 1 pic of jon without a shirt on, that's black and white, with filters, lighting, and a bar blocking his midsection, and you've concluded his BF %. comical....

in the pic with his shirt on you can obviously see his midsection and he's nowhere near as lean as he was.

Does he look ripped here?

lol. you've seen 1 pic of jon without a shirt on, that's black and white, with filters, lighting, and a bar blocking his midsection, and you've concluded his BF %. comical....

in the pic with his shirt on you can obviously see his midsection and he's nowhere near as lean as he was.

Does he look ripped here?

I didn't say it, Chael Sonnen said it and I'm asking for opinions. We have yours. Thank you.

I didn't say it, Chael Sonnen said it and I'm asking for opinions. We have yours. Thank you.
lol. YOU continue to say how lean he looks. you used words cut, ripped and shredded.

did he look cut, ripped and shredded in that last post?

You can make serious improvements when you’re young and new to lifting. They call it "noob" gains. 15lbs of pure muscle mass in 90days at 32 years old? Sounds like a roider to me.

And the guy is not a nub, might not have focused as much in lifting before but its not like he never trainned.

Romero is definitely a 1 in a billion human freak, but no one else on earth is.

lol. YOU continue to say how lean he looks. you used words cut, ripped and shredded.

did he look cut, ripped and shredded in that last post?

I'm not a expert judge of body composition, he looks pretty lean and muscular to me, whatever you want to call that. Watch this video ^. The guy obviously knows body building, and while he's trying to defend Jon Jones, he says in the current picture Jon looks "lean" and "vascular" and in the photo from 12 weeks ago,he looks "softer".

In your video, his legs look a lot bigger, although maybe he's putting on a lot of fat in his legs from all the dead lifting.

I'm not a expert judge of body composition, he looks pretty lean and muscular to me, whatever you want to call that. Watch this video ^. The guy obviously knows body building, and while he's trying to defend Jon Jones, he says in the current picture Jon looks "lean" and "vascular" and in the photo from 12 weeks ago,he looks "softer".

In your video, his legs look a lot bigger, although maybe he's putting on a lot of fat in his legs from all the dead lifting.
but hopefully you are aware he hasn't put on 15 lbs of muscle. so not sure why you keep asking about it as if you're just someone innocently inquiring with no idea about whether he did or not......

but hopefully you are aware he hasn't put on 15 lbs of muscle.
Oh, I am? How would you or I know. Chael's been in the gym all his life. He says Jon's put on 15 lbs of "steel". while he may not be absolutely correct, I think he's on to something and I would take his word over yours, no offense.

Oh, I am? How would you or I know. Chael's been in the gym all his life. He says Jon's put on 15 lbs of "steel". while he may not be absolutely correct, I think he's on to something and I would take his word over yours, no offense.
then you are a mark and nothing more.......

Both claims are off by a bit.

how can you know jones only added purely muscle not water, fat and other content too?

Mma fighters who train for five rounders should be losing muscle mass not gaining it unless they are more anabolic than normal and jones the GOAT of pharmaceutical enhancements

Back