Rumored Question for all you Sherdog muscle hut dudes-about Jon Jones

Captain Herb

10000 Likes
@Silver
Reaction score
Just watched this Chael Sonnen video. Regardless of your personal opinion of his commentary, what do you think when he says that it's physiologically impossible that he could have added 15 lbs of "pure muscle" in 90 days (I assume he means naturally), and if he did, he would be the first human being in history to do it.

Is this possible or impossible?

upload_2020-11-24_20-36-52-png.816354

Last edited:
Could it be his genetics....He does have insane family genes after all?

Don't flame me.

He does his best to stay lean so if he adjusted his diet pretty significantly and had quality lifting coaches then yes an athlete like Jones likey could put around that much imo.

But don't let this cloud you from the truth that most fighters have or are using PEDs including nearly every Olympian of every combat sport and then some.

If I have one pet peeve its delusional people thinking these types of body composition transformations are natural. Whether its fighters or actors and youtubers you cant escape basic human physiology.

As a rule of thumb, never take anything Chael says too seriously, as he knows nothing about most topics and is trying to make headlines for his videos and make bombastic statements almost always. I sense he's trying to troll Jon more than anything.

First of all, how much did Jon weigh before? Do we know he started eating more 3 months ago and not more? Is there confirmation, or where are we getting these numbers? I would assume he was about 225-230, probably more in the off season, so that could well be 10lbs of mass, not 15. Second, he's not training for a fight, it's possible that if he goes into camp and incorporates more cardio and such he can drop some water weight to 235 or whatever. Third, those 10-15lbs are not all muscle. When you reincorporate carbs or start eating more in general, your body also retains more water and glycogen. And a part of that weight gain is inevitably fat. Where is Chael getting that he didn't gain fat or water, just taking Jon for his word? Lastly, I can have 2-3lbs differences depending on which time of the day I weigh myself and I'm much lighter than Jon.

In short, it's hard to tell without body measurements and detailed before/after pics. We don't even know the exact starting/finishing numbers. And weight gain =/= muscle gain.

I do think Jon has juiced in the past. But there's nothing about those numbers by themselves that's necessarily suspect to me. I'd withhold my judgment unless someone can post some good evidence. His numbers and strength in the big lifts from what I've seen are nothing crazy. It's not strange for a 6'4" athletic guy who wasn't eating above maintenance to gain 10-15lbs in 2 or 3 months (of total weight, not muscle) if he starts eating with a purpose, and stops depleting himself to make a weightclass.

Last edited:
As a rule of thumb, never take anything Chael says seriously, as he knows nothing about most topics and is trying to make headlines for his videos and make bombastic statements almost always.

First of all, how much did Jon weigh before? Is there confirmation? I would assume he was about 225-230 in the off season, so that could well be 10lbs of mass, not 15. Second, he's not training for a fight, it's possible that if he goes into camp and incorporates more cardio and such he can drop some water weight to 235 or whatever. Third, those 10-15lbs are not all muscle. When you reincorporate carbs or start eating more in general, your body also retains more water and glycogen. And a part of that weight gain is inevitably fat. Lastly, I can have 2-3lbs differences depending on which time of the day I weight myself and I'm much lighter than Jon.

In short, it's hard to tell without body measurements and detailed before/after pics. We don't even know the exact starting/finishing numbers. And weight gain =/= muscle gain.

I do think Jon has juiced in the past. But there's nothing about those numbers that's necessarily suspect. His numbers in the big lifts from what I've seen are nothing crazy. It's not strange for an athletic guy who wasn't eating above maintenance to gain 10lbs in 2 months or 15 in 3 if he starts eating with a purpose, and stops depleting himself to make a weightclass.
People who want to believe something will jump on it anyway.

Just watched this Chael Sonnen video. Regardless of your personal opinion of his commentary, what do you think when he says that it's physiologically impossible that he could have added 15 lbs of "pure muscle" in 90 days (I assume he means naturally), and if he did, he would be the first human being in history to do it.

Is this possible or impossible?

You can't gain 15 pounds of muscle in 3 months naturally. Specially after training your whole life. To be fair.. it's also kind of extreme doing it taking PEDS too.

There are exceptions of course if something happened (injury, accident, etc) and you lose a shit ton of mass then gain it back easily because of muscle memory.

Other thing to consider is that if you take certains PEDs (like testosterone) you are going to hold more water so is not all muscle at the end of the day.

Anyone who thinks Jones added 15lbs of pure muscle in 90 days has never touched a weight in his life.

At his level and age, it is impossible to gain 15lb of pure muscle in 3 months

I will go farther and say it's impossible for him to gain 15lb pure muscle (without fat) naturally in any time period

Fake natties make people delusional when it comes to how much muscle someone cab build naturally and keep body fat at a minimum

You only have to Google the late Steve Reeves (former bodybuilding and acting legend) to see what someone with great genetics can build without enhancements

Also it is quite likely with some of the water retention he held later, that he used some testosterone

Back