Question for all military veterans or active duty....

Yeah i'm doing push ups pull ups and sit ups, i can't run a mile straight but i'm working up to it yesterday i was able to run for longer theirs this big ass circle in front of a high school if you run 2.5x around it it equals a mile i was able to run half the circle, so ik i'm improving on that i'm about to work out today and do it again.

Edit: foegot to mention the army MEPS pft my recruiter told me that i have to be able to run 20m 46x
Im an army vet

You want to score as close to 300 APFT as possible.

Youre going to run a LOT in basic. Get used to it now. Run every morning for 30 minutes. Try not to stop your feet or walk. Just keep it double time to build endurance. That is the most important for you right now.

Im an army vet

You want to score as close to 300 APFT as possible.

Youre going to run a LOT in basic. Get used to it now. Run every morning for 30 minutes. Try not to stop your feet or walk. Just keep it double time to build endurance. That is the most important for you right now.

Ok ik i can get a good score on the push ups and sit ups part of the APFT, i still need to work on running thats for sure, but i feel like i'm improving on it everyday.

Oh i forgot to mention my brother knows a former marine sargeant that trains calisthenics with him in brooklyn but he lives in jersey city now, he said he would help me.

Omfg, can i go one day on this forum without somebody say i'm a troll.

It's going to take you 3 months of proper diet before you can a mile without stopping? And with this same mentality you want to join the Army and be in the infantry? You're also 21 years old with some kind of medical condition which might disqualify you from military service? You also think training "H2H" before you go to Basic/AIT is going to help you?

All things considered you're either a devoted troll or absolutely not someone who's going to do well in the military. Either way good luck in the future and prove me wrong.

It's going to take you 3 months of proper diet before you can a mile without stopping? And with this same mentality you want to join the Army and be in the infantry? You're also 21 years old with some kind of medical condition which might disqualify you from military service? You also think training "H2H" before you go to Basic/AIT is going to help you?

All things considered you're either a devoted troll or absolutely not someone who's going to do well in the military. Either way good luck in the future and prove me wrong.

I really hate how this thread turned from a helpful thread to a troll accusation thread, ik your trying end the arguement but let me tell you this i did say it would take me within 3 months, meaning from now til august by a month of training with the former marine sargeant, i could run 1 mile without stopping which the thing is i don't stop i slow down or walk, 2 i'm off of that medication next month, and the recruiter i commend him for looking past it, some soldiers told me to just talk to the recruiter and i did and he let me go for MEPS, now i will end this and i will prove you wrong and i'm not trying to go off on you because i respect you because your a vet, but i'm just saying.

I really hate how this thread turned from a helpful thread to a troll accusation thread, ik your trying end the arguement but let me tell you this i did say it would take me within 3 months, meaning from now til august by a month of training with the former marine sargeant, i could run 1 mile without stopping which the thing is i don't stop i slow down or walk, 2 i'm off of that medication next month, and the recruiter i commend him for looking past it, some soldiers told me to just talk to the recruiter and i did and he let me go for MEPS, now i will end this and i will prove you wrong and i'm not trying to go off on you because i respect you because your a vet, but i'm just saying.

Good, prove me wrong. Your recruiter isn't doing you a single favor...he's covering his own ass by getting you to MEPS as soon as possible and putting you on the delayed entry program. He needs contracts and to him you're nothing but a contract and a liability until you graduate Basic.

Good luck!

Good, prove me wrong. Your recruiter isn't doing you a single favor...he's covering his own ass by getting you to MEPS as soon as possible and putting you on the delayed entry program. He needs contracts and to him you're nothing but a contract and a liability until you graduate Basic.

Good luck!
Ok i'm trying to be respectful to you, who cares if hes covering his own ass, and i'm choosing the delayed entry program he said i might leave to army basic the next week, but i told him i want to choose the delayed entry program aka the future soldier program, all i know is i'm going to work my ass off in the military especially in basic training which basic training will be the hardest thing i've gone through, some people have said basic training these days is a joke but who knows, it might be might not. And i am not going to be a liability because i'll be off my medication the month and i will be free of doctor visits. I'm not going into the military to feel like a badass or be appreciated, i'm going in their because i feel like it suits me and even my friends and family have said so too, and army soldiers have told me to talk to the recruiter and see if they can make an exception and they did.

Ok i'm trying to be respectful to you, who cares if hes covering his own ass, and i'm choosing the delayed entry program he said i might leave to army basic the next week, but i told him i want to choose the delayed entry program aka the future soldier program, all i know is i'm going to work my ass off in the military especially in basic training which basic training will be the hardest thing i've gone through, some people have said basic training these days is a joke but who knows, it might be might not. And i am not going to be a liability because i'll be off my medication the month and i will be free of doctor visits. I'm not going into the military to feel like a badass or be appreciated, i'm going in their because i feel like it suits me and even my friends and family have said so too, and army soldiers have told me to talk to the recruiter and see if they can make an exception and they did.

attachment.php

You just didn't understand what I was saying... you're a liability until you graduate Basic just like every other contract a recruiter writes. Generally a recruiter doesn't get "credit" for you as a successful contract until you graduate Basic. So until you do you're a liability, just like every other person who the recruiter has signed up. This is evidenced by him saying he wants to send you next week when he knows you can't easily run a mile... he cares only about his numbers and he's not doing you a single fucking favor.

Shoot me a PM when actually head out to Basic. Good luck buddy.

attachment.php

You just didn't understand what I was saying... you're a liability until you graduate Basic just like every other contract a recruiter writes. Generally a recruiter doesn't get "credit" for you as a successful contract until you graduate Basic. So until you do you're a liability, just like every other person who the recruiter has signed up. This is evidenced by him saying he wants to send you next week when he knows you can't easily run a mile... he cares only about his numbers and he's not doing you a single fucking favor.

Shoot me a PM when actually head out to Basic. Good luck buddy.

Will do

Good luck!

He's not a troll he is just fucking mental. Every once in a while it changes from security to firefighter to cop and now military. From muay thai to boxing now blah blahhhhh. dont waste your time...

He's not a troll he is just fucking mental. Every once in a while it changes from security to firefighter to cop and now military. From muay thai to boxing now blah blahhhhh. dont waste your time...

Didnt you admit one time that your a troll lol?

Btw hows your son doing in his boxing classes did he fight yet? Or is he going to do some smokers before fighting?

@Lastofthemohican you really always try to get a rise out of me, well i guess i have better anger management now, "he goes from security to firefighter to cop and now military" first off 1 theirs such a thing as a change in life, and 2 security was just because i needed a better job and now i have a better job then the security job i was working at before, plus now i actually have time to train and do other things, and i'm only saying this because some people might believe you, the only thing about going into the military is that fighting will always be my passion, that will never change. But since i struggle to make the money to train and to get my own apartment, i decided to go into the military for these reasons:
1. To stay in shape
2. To have band of brothers to fight along side with
3. To learn things like handling people with guns and knives
4. And to better me as a fighter.

@Lastofthemohican you really always try to get a rise out of me, well i guess i have better anger management now, "he goes from security to firefighter to cop and now military" first off 1 theirs such a thing as a change in life, and 2 security was just because i needed a better job and now i have a better job then the security job i was working at before, plus now i actually have time to train and do other things, and i'm only saying this because some people might believe you, the only thing about going into the military is that fighting will always be my passion, that will never change. But since i struggle to make the money to train and to get my own apartment, i decided to go into the military for these reasons:
1. To stay in shape
2. To have band of brothers to fight along side with
3. To learn things like handling people with guns and knives
4. And to better me as a fighter.

1, 3, and 4 are absolutely, 100% not going to happen. The military IS NOT going to keep you in good shape. If you're having a problem with being in shape at 21 years old then the military is not going to help you. Sure, you will get into better shape during Basic and maybe even AIT, but once you get to your duty station unit PT is not going to be enough. If you're not doing the things you need to now, at 21 years old, to stay in shape then you're not going to do them once you get into the Army. We had the same issue with the Marines where guys though being in the Corps would keep you in shape, but it's 100% about the personal choices you make. Even guys in the infantry got fat because they ate like shit, and the Army is FULL of fat people these days.

59c6020944c1041c09eb8cd55fea047f.jpg

You really don't sound like you understand the military... they're going to train you 99% how to kill with a rifle, and maybe 1% how to do hand to hand combat. The real, modern military isn't some kind of Steven Segal / Chuck Norris movie where you'll be able to instantly disarm, maim, and murder with the flick of a wrist.

I'm trying not to straight up call you a troll, but at 21 years old if you're understanding of reality is so flawed then I will absolutely, 100% advise that you do not enlist in the military.

1, 3, and 4 are absolutely, 100% not going to happen. The military IS NOT going to keep you in good shape. If you're having a problem with being in shape at 21 years old then the military is not going to help you. Sure, you will get into better shape during Basic and maybe even AIT, but once you get to your duty station unit PT is not going to be enough. If you're not doing the things you need to now, at 21 years old, to stay in shape then you're not going to do them once you get into the Army. We had the same issue with the Marines where guys though being in the Corps would keep you in shape, but it's 100% about the personal choices you make. Even guys in the infantry got fat because they ate like shit, and the Army is FULL of fat people these days.

59c6020944c1041c09eb8cd55fea047f.jpg

You really don't sound like you understand the military... they're going to train you 99% how to kill with a rifle, and maybe 1% how to do hand to hand combat. The real, modern military isn't some kind of Steven Segal / Chuck Norris movie where you'll be able to instantly disarm, maim, and murder with the flick of a wrist.

I'm trying not to straight up call you a troll, but at 21 years old if you're understanding of reality is so flawed then I will absolutely, 100% advise that you do not enlist in the military.

Ok well i don't get why you have to demote me ever since i grew an interst in going into the military i have been working out and also running i got sick one time and couldn't workout or eat, i have a marine sargeant helping me and yes ik this is not like the movies, ik im not going to be able to disarm someone, it will better me as a fighter and going into the army theirs pt every morning thats why it will keep me in shape i always went to my gym everyday when i was training muay thai and boxing, if getting kicked out of the military for being fat isn't enough motivation then idk what is, when i was training for a fight last year i was going to 2 gyms a day because i had an uber delivery job you seem to think i'm some autistic kid but im not i understand what i have to do in the military, and i will do it.

Last edited:
Ok well i don't get why you have to demote me ever since i grew an interst in going into the military i have been working out and also running i got sick one time and couldn't workout or eat, i have a marine sargeant helping me and yes ik this is not like the movies, ik im not going to be able to disarm someone, it will better me as a fighter and going into the army theirs pt every morning thats why it will keep me in shape i always went to my gym everyday when i was training muay thai and boxing, if getting kicked out of the military for being fat isn't enough motivation then idk what is, when i was training for a fight last year i was going to 2 gyms a day because i had an uber delivery job you seem to think i'm some autistic kid but im not i understand what i have to do in the military, and i will do it.

giphy.gif

Ok just to be clear to everyone heres my perception of the military:
1. They don't kill innocent civilians unless they have to
2. They use guns 99% of the time and they rarely lose their weapon
3. That i will learn some type of fighting and that wherever i am i'll beable to train
4. That i'm going to have to kill
5. That i will have back to back deployments and i will be home sick
6. That it ain't going to be easy
7. That a gun fight will be pretty scary but i can get use to it
8. That even when i'm living on base not everything is free

Ok well maybe you should just think for sec, that if i were autistic i wouldnt want to go into the military i went to 3 different high schools all of them were private schools because my town didn't want me in the public high school, in those schools i met people who some of them were slightly autistic and some were mildly autistic their were some hoodlums in those schools and im under the impression that their dumbasses were too scared to fight me because they only talk shit to me.over the internet but dont want to fight, those autistic people in high school did not like to fight, all of them were pacofist and get anxiety from seeing people fight, and rather play video games all day then go outside. I ain't never met one autistic kid or adult that wanted to go into the military.

Ok well maybe you should just think for sec, that if i were autistic i wouldnt want to go into the military i went to 3 different high schools all of them were private schools because my town didn't want me in the public high school, in those schools i met people who some of them were slightly autistic and some were mildly autistic their were some hoodlums in those schools and im under the impression that their dumbasses were too scared to fight me because they only talk shit to me.over the internet but dont want to fight, those autistic people in high school did not like to fight, all of them were pacofist and get anxiety from seeing people fight, and rather play video games all day then go outside. I ain't never met one autistic kid or adult that wanted to go into the military.

This is my last comment : the way you list and describe things makes me feel like you're 10-12 years old. I feel as though your grip on reality is quite weak and it makes me think that yeah... you might be on the spectrum. Then you start saying things about public schools not allowing you to attend and it's all adding up. You bring up autism out of the blue, and then go into some kind of anti-autism tirade about kids being too scared to fight you? What in the flying fuck are you even talking about? No need to answer because I won't respond.

You sound like the last thing you need is extremely stressful situations and I'll bet money that you never even make it to Basic. Good day, Sir.

This is my last comment : the way you list and describe things makes me feel like you're 10-12 years old. I feel as though your grip on reality is quite weak and it makes me think that yeah... you might be on the spectrum. Then you start saying things about public schools not allowing you to attend and it's all adding up. You bring up autism out of the blue, and then go into some kind of anti-autism tirade about kids being too scared to fight you? What in the flying fuck are you even talking about? No need to answer because I won't respond.

You sound like the last thing you need is extremely stressful situations and I'll bet money that you never even make it to Basic. Good day, Sir.

I have a feeling your trolling throughout this whole thread you have been the story of this thread, i went to 3 different high schools because one i kept getting kicked out of them and 2 because i was causing trouble in the public middle school. Somehow i'm under the impression that you ain't no military vet, because i use to train with some veterans too and none of them would've advised me not to go into the military. I'll bet you $5000 that i will pass the asvab next month and make it past MEPS.

Back