Question about transporting guns over state lines

Pure Peace

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
NJ gun owner here

my friends in south carolina and north carolina are planning a week of hunting, shooting, etc this spring on some land in south carolina

few questions:

1. i only have 1 gun, a berreta 92, and plan on transporting it like i normally do when im within NJ: gun with lock in case in the trunk......ammo and empty magazines kept in a separate box
- do I have to do anything else extra if traveling down to South Carolina? Do I need to notify state police?

2. when i do get down to North and south carolina (i'll be stopping in north carolina for a night to pick up friends) will i be able to open carry my gun, despite being from out of state?

thanks

Just wrap your shit up in an American flag bro. Border patrol gonna be too busy saluting that shit to inspect it. That's how I got my Uncle Paco into the country

Just wrap your shit up in an American flag bro. Border patrol gonna be too busy saluting that shit to inspect it. That's how I got my Uncle Paco into the country

First replies are always the best.

NJ gun owner here

my friends in south carolina and north carolina are planning a week of hunting, shooting, etc this spring on some land in south carolina

few questions:

1. i only have 1 gun, a berreta 92, and plan on transporting it like i normally do when im within NJ: gun with lock in case in the trunk......ammo and empty magazines kept in a separate box
- do I have to do anything else extra if traveling down to South Carolina? Do I need to notify state police?

2. when i do get down to North and south carolina (i'll be stopping in north carolina for a night to pick up friends) will i be able to open carry my gun, despite being from out of state?

thanks

Once you get past Maryland the gun laws are nowhere near as tight as what you guys have ( I'm in VA) That said I'd probably do some more official research than asking us rubes. My In-laws live in new Jersey and I just leave my carry piece at home when I make the trip.......don't need a felony for some silly shit.

Fucking lol!

NJ gun owner here

few questions:

thanks

Be careful. Some dude in md got into a lot of trouble just for having an empty shell casing on his desk.

Sig worthy

That was pretty funny.

Just don't get pulled over for speeding and it'll be a nonissue and even then don't give them a reason to search your vehicle.

Just don't get pulled over for speeding and it'll be a nonissue and even then don't give them a reason to search your vehicle.

So your advice is to just go ahead and commit a felony, just don't get caught? Sounds solid. Have you ever considered a career in law?

So your advice is to just go ahead and commit a felony, just don't get caught? Sounds solid. Have you ever considered a career in law?

just noticed you are in Denver

went there last year for work and loved it....if i had to do it all over again i'd be one of those typical NJ to CO transplants you have there

im prob going back to denver again in late july ...i'll prob send you a PM about checking out the parks there and gun laws as well

Can I sig this?

You got some good links to look at but here is one more and a very good one.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

And once you get to the Virginia state line you will be golden from there south.

Back