Question about training

Shulom1***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Where I live in Iowa there is not a single BJJ/Judo/Sub Grappling school within 100 miles. Do you think that going down to Miletich to train 1 whole week every couple months is a goo idea? I am worried about retention. I know very simple stuff, shrimping ,guard passing, defenses/escapes and a couple subs, though I'm not good at it because of pure inexperience.

If I were to go to miletich I would probably train all day there for the week. ATM I study from DVDs, but it's not the best.

I am actually pretty rusty and haven't rolled since the last time I went to Cali to train a few months back, but that is far to expensive to do except once a year. Help a brother out!

I thought that Miletich only train Pro Fighters.

There are tons of places to train in Iowa. Wear are you from?

I thought that Miletich only train Pro Fighters.

He has 1 week training camps:

Fighting, Iowa Style
Come train in Bettendorf, Iowa at the main MFS location. We offer one week intense training camps for individuals to see what it is like to train here in Iowa. Although the training will be difficult for everyone (depending on skill level) there are no requirements before attending our camp. People of all skill levels are welcome, from no experience to fighter.

Once here in Iowa, you will receive a detailed packet of what will be done and when it is scheduled. The program includes kickboxing, jiu-jitsu, judo, weights, cardio, conditioning, etc. We urge everyone to obtain a physical examination from a doctor before attending our training camps. Failure to do so shall be at the guest's responsibility.

Pricing for our camps does not include lodging but we work with a number of hotels in the area to ensure a great deal during your stay in town.

Please contact us for specific information or to schedule a training camp in Iowa.
For more information contact: [email protected]

So the interweb tells me anyway.

nope. the town is 1 mile by 1/2 mile. I would know if there is an mma place here. I have no clue what that website is about. It seems like some weird scam.

EDIT: What the heck there is some kind of MMA team here! Team Mayhem or something! They don't have a website but i FB searched MMA postville and there it is. It looks like they train at the ymca. They are closed now but I will call and ask for detail tomorrow

Last edited:
nope. the town is 1 mile by 1/2 mile. I would know if there is an mma place here. I have no clue what that website is about. It seems like some weird scam.

EDIT: What the heck there is some kind of MMA team here! Team Mayhem or something! They don't have a website but i FB searched MMA postville and there it is. It looks like they train at the ymca. They are closed now but I will call and ask for detail tomorrow

Update: It's just a bunch of guys that learn from books and dvds, but at least its people to spar with and roll with. I'm still going to Miletich to train

Back