Question about the Woodley vs Condit fight

Woodley dominated that fight. I remember everyone on sherdog saying Condit was gonna finish t wood lol

It wasnt even the leg kick that injured condit, it was the way he landed on it while trying to spin. But yeah woodley was winning before that.

Woodley (along with Weidman) exposed the inability of most MMA fighters to check a kick. Condit couldn't do shit and proved how overrated he was. He had nothing for Woodley. Got taken down, held down, leg kicked - finished.

I was impressed by how good Woodley looked. He really dismantled Condit.

Woodley dominated that fight. I remember everyone on sherdog saying Condit was gonna finish t wood lol
People was very much in their feelings after condit took that L from TWood lol

lol yeah i remember all the excuses after that fight, i kept arguing with salty dorks telling them that woodley caused the injury off a takedown, then fucked condit's leg even worse by landing a leg kick that literally made him do a 360 on the bad leg.
That’s exactly how I remember it going around here lol

That’s exactly how I remember it going around here lol
not to mention woodley landing multiple hard right hands, taking him down at will.

condit barely did anything, but condit fans talked about how condit was about to destroy woodley before the injury.

not to mention woodley landing multiple hard right hands, taking him down at will.

condit barely did anything, but condit fans talked about how condit was about to destroy woodley before the injury.

A lot of Condit fans were acting very delusional and ssalty on sherdog after the fight....they couldn’t accept that TWood was the better fighter that night

Last edited:
That's because you don't have a good eye. The Kos is what let me know he had something special. I didn't like his performance against Kelvin tho.

Punching power is not something special. I have a good eye. The Kelvin fight is proof that he wasn't fully developed. My eye for talent is just fine. Woodley just wasn't that good back then.

I've been watching MMA since the 90's too. But anyway, gtfoh dude. The guy got merked by Marquardt (over rated roid boy), lost to Shields, gets a win over Kos and I'm supposed to think he's legit? Up until that point I didn't see anything special about him. To me he was another Lawal. Just another fast strong guy who couldn't put it all together. Seriously, up until the Condit fight, there was nothing to tell me he was special. And even after the Condit fight I wasn't a believer. The Gastelum fight didn't convince me either. It wasn't until he KO'd Robbie and actually went toe to toe with Wonderboy that I realized he figured it all out.

Feel free to disagree, but I know why I felt the way I felt.

So a guy who has been watching mma for 20 years knows more about mma then a guy who has trained all aspects of mma for 15 years while coaching. The poster your talking to has coached some names your familiar with. But yea you know more

<mma4>

So a guy who has been watching mma for 20 years knows more about mma then a guy who has trained all aspects of mma for 15 years while coaching. The poster your talking to has coached some names your familiar with. But yea you know more

<mma4>

Never said I know more. I said I'm not a noob. You tried.

Punching power is not something special. I have a good eye. The Kelvin fight is proof that he wasn't fully developed. My eye for talent is just fine. Woodley just wasn't that good back then.

That's means you don't have a good eye. Fucking sherdog never stops surprising me lol

I've been watching MMA since the 90's too. But anyway, gtfoh dude. The guy got merked by Marquardt (over rated roid boy), lost to Shields, gets a win over Kos and I'm supposed to think he's legit? Up until that point I didn't see anything special about him. To me he was another Lawal. Just another fast strong guy who couldn't put it all together. Seriously, up until the Condit fight, there was nothing to tell me he was special. And even after the Condit fight I wasn't a believer. The Gastelum fight didn't convince me either. It wasn't until he KO'd Robbie and actually went toe to toe with Wonderboy that I realized he figured it all out.

Feel free to disagree, but I know why I felt the way I felt.
That was the same Koscheck that lost a SD to prime Johnny Hendricks pre GSP fight.

A very game opponent.

I’ll still take him... twood won’t wrestlefuck him for 5 rounds.
So you’re telling me a guy who can’t even beat light weight mike Chiesa and Can’t take punches from pillow fists Maia an was wrestle fucked my Neil Magny can All of a sudden beat Woodley lol........you’re either trolling or die hard Condit fan who can’t accept his time is over

Last edited:
That was the same Koscheck that lost a SD to prime Johnny Hendricks pre GSP fight.

A very game opponent.

That’s a good spin. But he’s also the guy who got squeaked by Mike Pierce, dropped a split against prime Hendricks (I don’t remember how he looked in that fight), and got KO’d by Lawler. I guess In hindsight it was impressive to beat koscheck, but kos was on his way out anyway. So was it really that big a deal?

Maybe super coach guy is right. My previous anti woodley bias made me look past him. Never thought he’d be champ. Now I don’t think anyone at welter can beat him.

So you’re telling me a guy who can’t even beat light weight mike Chiesa and Can’t take punches from pillow fists Maia an was wrestle fucked my Neil Magny can All of a sudden beat Woodley lol........you’re either trolling or die hard Condit fan who can’t accept his time is over
I’m pretty sure maia’s pillow fists weren’t the problem in that fight. I agree that condit has no take down defense at all but since woodley had success on the feet, I don’t see him taking it to the ground ... especially every round. Woodley loses via gassing out and not throwing enough volume.

Back