Question about the Woodley vs Condit fight

why is it that people consider that fight a fluke even thought Woodley caused the injury to condit due to leg kicks and slams and dominated the whole fight yet everyone accepts Wiedmen vs Silva 2 as a non controversial win for chris?

I used to call it a fluke until I realized Woodley is legit. Back then I still saw him as the kid who got hit with the Killer Instinct ultra combo from Marquardt. Now I see he's evolved into a bad mf'er and that fight was no fluke.

why is it that people consider that fight a fluke even thought Woodley caused the injury to condit due to leg kicks and slams and dominated the whole fight yet everyone accepts Wiedmen vs Silva 2 as a non controversial win for chris?
I don't remember Woodley landing a kick to the leg that buckled. I only remember him landing one leg kick, total, to the lead leg, not the one that buckled.

There are also a lot of idiots who see Weidman's win's over Anderson as controversial.

In the first one, they don't realize he made his bread and butter using superior head movement to get opponents to over commit outside their range, and using reach advantage to capitalize, and they think Anderson was "clowning" when he really wasn't used to fighting someone with the same reach as him.

In the second, they know nothing about a hard check for leg kicks. Case in point:
Andy broke his own leg...
Wrong. Weidman broke his leg, with a hard check to leg kicks, that he'd trained repeatedly to take advantage of an anomoly in Anderson's technique. Most trainers have a fighter turn into striking with a leg kick so the stronger "edge" of your shin strikes the opponent, as opposed to the weaker "flat" of the bone. Anderson focused on speed and most commonly struck with the flat of his shin. A hard check--sometimes called a knee spike--is pretty common in Muy Thai. Weidman and Longo trained it repeatedly, specifically for Anderson, calling it "the destruction" or some shit.

Weidman discovered and exploited a minor flaw in Silva's technique and broke Anderson's leg. /story.

I've never seen anyone gas like Woodley was gassed in that fight Also he was literally LnP-ing in Condit.
If Condit didnt injure his knee he would have had a good chance of finish the already gassed Woodley

Well then you're new to mma. Shane carwin was alot worse.

Woodley was ahead clearly in the fight but the word "dominating" is overstepping it.

I consider it a clean win for Tyron over Condit. Makes little difference now as their career paths have taken very different turns where Tyron is on top of the world and Condit is essentially done. Too bad I love Condit but you have to respect the run that TWood has gone on.

I'd like to see him beat Usman and Colby in the next 3 months total.

I used to call it a fluke until I realized Woodley is legit. Back then I still saw him as the kid who got hit with the Killer Instinct ultra combo from Marquardt. Now I see he's evolved into a bad mf'er and that fight was no fluke.

Lol noob

I don't remember Woodley landing a kick to the leg that buckled. I only remember him landing one leg kick, total, to the lead leg, not the one that buckled.

There are also a lot of idiots who see Weidman's win's over Anderson as controversial.

In the first one, they don't realize he made his bread and butter using superior head movement to get opponents to over commit outside their range, and using reach advantage to capitalize, and they think Anderson was "clowning" when he really wasn't used to fighting someone with the same reach as him.

In the second, they know nothing about a hard check for leg kicks. Case in point:

Wrong. Weidman broke his leg, with a hard check to leg kicks, that he'd trained repeatedly to take advantage of an anomoly in Anderson's technique. Most trainers have a fighter turn into striking with a leg kick so the stronger "edge" of your shin strikes the opponent, as opposed to the weaker "flat" of the bone. Anderson focused on speed and most commonly struck with the flat of his shin. A hard check--sometimes called a knee spike--is pretty common in Muy Thai. Weidman and Longo trained it repeatedly, specifically for Anderson, calling it "the destruction" or some shit.

Weidman discovered and exploited a minor flaw in Silva's technique and broke Anderson's leg. /story.

It was just a check bro. You didn't need to add all that unnecessary shit lol.

What would make you think I'm a noob? At the time of the Condit fight, Woodley still looked pretty green. His best win was over a washed up Koscheck. Prior to that he wasn't looking like a world beater so I considered the Condit fight a fluke. That's not unreasonable. Now I see that it wasn't as much of a fluke as I thought.

Unless you've been watching MMA since the mid 90's, I'm pretty sure I've been around MMA longer than you. Noob.

What would make you think I'm a noob? At the time of the Condit fight, Woodley still looked pretty green. His best win was over a washed up Koscheck. Prior to that he wasn't looking like a world beater so I considered the Condit fight a fluke. That's not unreasonable. Now I see that it wasn't as much of a fluke as I thought.

Unless you've been watching MMA since the mid 90's, I'm pretty sure I've been around MMA longer than you. Noob.

Nope been watching since the 90's. Sorry noob, I out rank you lol.

And I was just fucking with you. But thinking Woodley might have been a scrub was not reasonable.

I've never seen anyone gas like Woodley was gassed in that fight Also he was literally LnP-ing in Condit.
If Condit didnt injure his knee he would have had a good chance of finish the already gassed Woodley

I'm as big a Condit fan as there is.

But Condit did not injure his knee... Woodley injured Condit's knee.

It was a weird finish.. But it was no fluke

It was a KO via kick

If that KO kick had not landed,,, Maybe Condit drags the fight in the late rounds and has a chance at finishing ...

But Tyron was at that point really beginning to show that great game planning... To engage in whatever it takes to win the fight... In the phone booth, at distance, in-between... He gives his opponents whatever they don't want....

Love Condit.... Respect Tyron

Nope been watching since the 90's. Sorry noob, I out rank you lol.

And I was just fucking with you. But thinking Woodley might have been a scrub was not reasonable.

I've been watching MMA since the 90's too. But anyway, gtfoh dude. The guy got merked by Marquardt (over rated roid boy), lost to Shields, gets a win over Kos and I'm supposed to think he's legit? Up until that point I didn't see anything special about him. To me he was another Lawal. Just another fast strong guy who couldn't put it all together. Seriously, up until the Condit fight, there was nothing to tell me he was special. And even after the Condit fight I wasn't a believer. The Gastelum fight didn't convince me either. It wasn't until he KO'd Robbie and actually went toe to toe with Wonderboy that I realized he figured it all out.

Feel free to disagree, but I know why I felt the way I felt.

I've been watching MMA since the 90's too. But anyway, gtfoh dude. The guy got merked by Marquardt (over rated roid boy), lost to Shields, gets a win over Kos and I'm supposed to think he's legit? Up until that point I didn't see anything special about him. To me he was another Lawal. Just another fast strong guy who couldn't put it all together. Seriously, up until the Condit fight, there was nothing to tell me he was special. And even after the Condit fight I wasn't a believer. The Gastelum fight didn't convince me either. It wasn't until he KO'd Robbie and actually went toe to toe with Wonderboy that I realized he figured it all out.

Feel free to disagree, but I know why I felt the way I felt.

That's because you don't have a good eye. The Kos is what let me know he had something special. I didn't like his performance against Kelvin tho.

Dude..I know what a check is. He still threw the kick with enough force to break it, check or no check. Notice that Cerrone throws the best leg kick in the biz. Barboza is faster, but.. Cerrone usually never throws with everything. Could be why 98% of leg kicks he throws are outside.
Anyway... Got damnit...this whole thread is pointless. that is all

Woodley kicking Condit in his left leg sent him spiraling to the ground holding his right leg.

That's probably what caused the fluke talk.

lol yeah i remember all the excuses after that fight, i kept arguing with salty dorks telling them that woodley caused the injury off a takedown, then fucked condit's leg even worse by landing a leg kick that literally made him do a 360 on the bad leg.

Back