Question about the UFC P4P list?

Kenji Tomiki

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Why all this drama? Isn't it based on last performances? If so, Khabib was clearly more impressive in his last 4/5 fights. If not, why it seems ok then to have Adesanya at number 3 in front of Conor and Ferguson?

I think it's mostly over the GOAT debate.

The rankings have always been very loose.. Barboza lost 3 fights in a row and then got raised to Featherweight ranking 15th iirc, makes no sense.

Conor ? Nate?

No drama. Anyone who actually cares is an enormous bitch. Just perceived drama from the flow on effect of butt hurt

It's based on the UFC flavour of the month.

People getting outraged over it is funny.

P4P and GOAT are erroneously interchanged and I think Jon is falling victim. P4P is current trend, GOAT is overall body of work. That's why just about every new champion is on the P4P list. Jones has been slipping in his last 3 fights. Khabib has finished his last 3 without getting touched in a meaningful way. Khabib is P4P but I don't believe we can call him GOAT even though he is 29-0. His time at the top was just too short but he's definitely high in the rankings.

I'm pretty sure Jones is looking at the big picture instead of the recent performances which the P4P list is supposed to be.

Worthless ranking, when Conor beats Dustin in January he’ll be number 1 too.

Jon misinterpreted what Khabib meant. He meant P4P right now and he never mentioned he was the Goat.

Yeah a lot of people including Jones seem to be conflating the P4P list with GOAT status and bringing up title defences as if they count. If they did Nganou wouldn't be on the list and Silva would still be there.

Makes perfect sense for khabib to move up to 1.

Back