Question about the striking guy?

Rugby Convert

White Belt
Reaction score
I always get excited when I see a new striking guy thread, I was wondering though is there a grappling equivalent? You know someone who breaks down all those little subtle nuances that not all of us pick up on.

The Gracie Breakdowns are phenomenal. Also the guys at BE also put up good Judo Chops on the subject.

There's also a guy called CaseyHearts who does good breakdowns and isn't affiliated with any sites. F12 has some nice insights into BJJ matches too.

TSG do you have any real life striking experince or are you just a combat sports fan with a lot of knowledge?

Also why the hell would the mods not let him post his stuff here, all his stuff is a good read

TSG do you have any real life striking experince or are you just a combat sports fan with a lot of knowledge?

Also why the hell would the mods not let him post his stuff here, all his stuff is a good read

Started in karate at 6, boxing in early teens and Muay Thai in late teens. I try to keep up all 3 wherever I go.

I also took up BJJ about 4 years ago and am on a mega BJJ trip atm, but I'm still pretty hopeless at that! ;)

I still post here and folks are allowed to post my articles - it is kinda spammy me posting my own though! Rules is rules =)

Started in karate at 6, boxing in early teens and Muay Thai in late teens. I try to keep up all 3 wherever I go.

I also took up BJJ about 4 years ago and am on a mega BJJ trip atm, but I'm still pretty hopeless at that! ;)

I still post here and folks are allowed to post my articles - it is kinda spammy me posting my own though! Rules is rules =)

Have you broken down gustafsson and his striking style yet?

Any coaching experience in striking, or other credentials?

Rules are made to break bro! Always like your posts, very consistent and not trolled easily...I dig it

Any coaching experience in striking, or other credentials?

I don't coach much except to friends and training partners who ask me. More a life long dojo / gym rat. I've had the pleasure of training with many wonderful guys but I'm far from anything special athletically :icon_lol:

I'm looking more into coaching in the years to come but it's a lot harder to teach than it looks! ;)

What does he look like? I mean, is he really that striking?

TSG-I really like your posts as well. Nice simple lay out, easy to read, yet technical and insightful. Keep up the good work.

What does he look like? I mean, is he really that striking?

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_520433.jpg

I don't coach much except to friends and training partners who ask me. More a life long dojo / gym rat. I've had the pleasure of training with many wonderful guys but I'm far from anything special athletically :icon_lol:

I'm looking more into coaching in the years to come but it's a lot harder to teach than it looks! ;)

pure curiosity; how long does it take you to write one article? 2 hours?

Back