Question about the standard of women's boxing

I'd be curious to know when the last time that a big boxing card featured women on the main card. I can't think of one off the top of my head. The UFC has given women a platform to shine and it seems like there is quite a bit of interest in them from fans. It has even helped grow the sport some imo. Maybe boxing could use that to help draw interest.

I'd be curious to know when the last time that a big boxing card featured women on the main card. I can't think of one off the top of my head. The UFC has given women a platform to shine and it seems like there is quite a bit of interest in them from fans. It has even helped grow the sport some imo. Maybe boxing could use that to help draw interest.
Speaking of which, they are supposed to play a woman's fight on Saturday's "prelims" on Showtime Extreme that is headlined by Paulie.

http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-thinks-female-pro-boxing-hits-major-us-tv-2016--106211

Stephen Espinoza also said he is thinking of doing an all women's Shobox card, but that is a terrible idea. It will bomb stupidly.

Speaking of which, they are supposed to play a woman's fight on Saturday's "prelims" on Showtime Extreme that is headlined by Paulie.

http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-thinks-female-pro-boxing-hits-major-us-tv-2016--106211

Stephen Espinoza also said he is thinking of doing an all women's Shobox card, but that is a terrible idea. It will bomb stupidly.

They don't have a Ronda Rousey that can headline a ppv, but maybe they can find a dominant female fighter who is marketable to co-main a show and go from there. Have to start somewhere.

They don't have a Ronda Rousey that can headline a ppv, but maybe they can find a dominant female fighter who is marketable to co-main a show and go from there. Have to start somewhere.
Ronda was also pushed by talent agencies. They made her into a celebrity. Cant see boxing promoter investing that money for any female boxer, especially if they are not doing it for a male boxer.

Ronda was also pushed by talent agencies. They made her into a celebrity. Cant see boxing promoter investing that money for any female boxer, especially if they are not doing it for a male boxer.

Good point, they may want to start with the male talent that they have.

Back