Question about "suspect chins"

A lot of people like to believe that 'chin' means your whole head.

Which is ridiculous......it feels very different getting punched in the jaw to getting punched in the forehead, to get punched in the temple.

They're each very different......so to class it all as 'chin' is silly.

A lot of people like to believe that 'chin' means your whole head.

Which is ridiculous......it feels very different getting punched in the jaw to getting punched in the forehead, to get punched in the temple.

They're each very different......so to class it all as 'chin' is silly.

Its not up for you to decide, society has chosen and ran with it. If you have another term to describe one's propensity to absorb headstrikes then go for it.

When professional fighters and analysts use the term regularly, that's the indication that the ship on the matter has sailed.

jds-ko-cain-velasques.jpg

Look at Junior's fist. I'd say this delivered about 70% of its intent.

Not that nasty, and neither were Kongo's.

Look where it hit him. right were I said it did, right on the ear. Ever been punched in the ear? Try it sometime

I find the whole "Weak/strong chin" label to be pretty stupid in general since its really impossible to tell how hard someone was hit or the circumstances and effect of a strike by visual inspection alone. The same guy might get hit with what looks like the exact same punch and get knocked out by it one time and not even shook by it the next time. The difference is in the small details that we cant see and aren't aware off.

...and STILL the heavyweight champion of the world...

Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos!!

Oh yeah :). Can't wait. How do you have him winning? I'm hopping for a complete domination then a tko in the 4th.

Sorry to say it bro, but Cain's bag seems to be impeding your view of reality.

Look where it hit him. right were I said it did, right on the ear. Ever been punched in the ear? Try it sometime

I have been punched directly in the ear, behind the ear, in the back of the head, etc etc dozens of times, by people much larger and more skilled than myself.

Look at the man's hand. Tell me that is 100% of JDS's connectivity and I'll promptly call you a liar. 70% at best. Not a single large knuckle connected.

Its like he was hitting a tether-ball.

I have been punched in the ear many times (hockey fights). It sucks alot because it hurts like a bitch.

I have been punched directly in the ear, behind the ear, in the back of the head, etc etc dozens of times, by people much larger and more skilled than myself.

Look at the man's hand. Tell me that is 100% of JDS's connectivity and I'll promptly call you a liar. 70% at best. Not a single large knuckle connected.

Its like he was hitting a tether-ball.

It wasn't a straight right hand, it was an overhand right, and if you're going to sit here and try and pretend that he threw that shot, or it landed with 70% effectiveness, you're lying to yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObKh8P5S18&list=HL1356031962&feature=mh_lolz

Does that look like 70% to you? he lead with his face for godsake, and got his whole body into it.

EDIT: and apparently where you get hit doesn't matter at all, huh?

doesn't brown pride only apply to being mexican, or...................?

but I agree with you, JDS is gonna KO cain again.

Normally I'd agree that JDS will get the KO. However, since this is *you* saying this, I'm starting to have my doubts...

If JDS sneezed on me I'd probably get KTFO.

You have a point with the JDS fight, but Cain was hurt by some questionable shots by Kongo. Kongo packs power, but some of his weaker shots definitely hurt Cain.

You're high and don't remember the fight cuz the 1st shots kongo hurt cain with were fucking bombs and would've put most guys in the world out

It wasn't a straight right hand, it was an overhand right, and if you're going to sit here and try and pretend that he threw that shot, or it landed with 70% effectiveness, you're lying to yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObKh8P5S18&list=HL1356031962&feature=mh_lolz

Does that look like 70% to you? he lead with his face for godsake, and got his whole body into it.

EDIT: and apparently where you get hit doesn't matter at all, huh?

I could put my whole body into a slap too, but that doesn't mean its my 100% shot.

The point is the way it connected, not how much he put into it. JDS is lucky he didn't break some fingers.

Back