Question about steroids and testosterone

Xoleth

You're only winning if someone is losing.
@Black
Reaction score
Curiosity

The general consensus is that one should never take orals without a base of testosterone. But how did bodybuilders in the 60s & 70s manage steroids? I know that testosterone was developped in the '40s, but it was mainly used by the Russian athletes and in USA it wasn't that popular, unlike some orals that were sold even in pharmacies, as a cure for testosterone deficiency, in the '60s . From what I know, first bodybuilders who tried steroids only did orals like Dbol (Larry Scott?!) Did they only take low doses?

Orals are terrible for you. If you're going to juice, just inject.

Top advices
Didn't expect

I wasn't going to use.
It was just curiosity
If orals are terrible, why the 60s & 70s bodybuilders didn't die while young?
And many of them with a decent hair, unlike today's top bald bb.

Larry Scott
Arnold
Frank Zane
and so on...

some would say even Gironda was on Dianabol

You can absolutely do an oral-only cycle, it's just not ideal because most orals (with the exception of dianabol) are not a good substrate for aromatase
Dbol was originally developed for testosterone replacement at around 10mg/day

So it isn't the end of the world to do orals without test, but I would suspect one big side of that is your dick may not work well. No one had said oral alone will give no results which is kind of what you are Implying, it's just not ideal. Also, what makes you think guys in the golden age of bbing didn't use test and only used orals?. I'm pretty sure Arnold was known to love primo and dbol ( primo being an inject) I see no evidence anywhere he didn't use test, but I would believe he didn't rely on it as much as many do today.

They didn't have serms or ai's in that Era so the side effects of estrogen from high dose test may have not been ideal.

Hair loss is genetic. Gear speeds it up. If they weren't prone to androgenic alopecia it wouldn't matter how much they took of anything.

I am speaking in general terms and the oral I am referring to is dianabol or anabol. People don't run orals by itself because at high doses you bloat the hell up and you don't keep much of the muscle you gained on a high oral cycle. A lot of your"gains" are going to be water weight. There is a risk of hepatoxicity with orals.

I don't know any golden age BBs or their cycle but I am guessing they ran lower doses but slightly longer.

One thing I always wondered about gear is what happens when some athlete after a career with jucie stops using peds.

Are His test levels gonna be low and he has to keep taking it or they go back to normal If he did it "smart"

Before the internet, guys would basically take what they could get. A testosterone base is because testosterone is so widely available now but that wasn't always the case.

Dbol was used by the top weightlifters in the 60's. Dr. John Ziegler invented it. The weightlifters lifted for Bob Hoffman from York, PA. He sold his power racks and said "Isometrics" was the reason for the big weights lifted.
It was the dbol. But the dosages taken were only 10-15 mg daily.

Top advices
Didn't expect

I wasn't going to use.
It was just curiosity
If orals are terrible, why the 60s & 70s bodybuilders didn't die while young?
And many of them with a decent hair, unlike today's top bald bb.

Larry Scott
Arnold
Frank Zane
and so on...

some would say even Gironda was on Dianabol
Maybe the reason why you know about these people is because they were so successful.

If there were people who died young, well they're dead, and no one cared about them enough for you to know they existed.

Curiosity

The general consensus is that one should never take orals without a base of testosterone. But how did bodybuilders in the 60s & 70s manage steroids? I know that testosterone was developped in the '40s, but it was mainly used by the Russian athletes and in USA it wasn't that popular, unlike some orals that were sold even in pharmacies, as a cure for testosterone deficiency, in the '60s . From what I know, first bodybuilders who tried steroids only did orals like Dbol (Larry Scott?!) Did they only take low doses?

They had 24/7 doctors.

Note, the previous generation kept hair. Younger next generation are rekt. It powerful then. It's crazy powerful more so now.

Curiosity

My idiot buddy took anadrol dry. He wasn't running test. He wishes he has George Costanza hairline now. That shit destroys your hair helmet if you got shitty male pattern baldness genes.

Back