Question about Romulo Barral's knee injury...

Drew Foster

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Okay, so I know he got a partial tear of the ACL and a major tear of the MCL during his match with Tarsis at the 2010 Mundials.

I also know that his knee was damaged before that. Was it from the inverted heelhook in the match with Flavio Almeida, or was there damage before and/or after that 2007 match?

I'm just asking because I', amazed that he's been an fantastic player for so long, and he's still had to battle through knee injuries. Truly a tough man.

I think the injury is in the 2nd video. Romulo continues the match after the injury though.

Last edited:
just hit him up on facebook or twitter. he'll get back to you in a matter of hours.

According to his Twitter feed, he's been training or at least hard-core PT for the past couple weeks

Pretty sure he's serious. He's always on Twitter it seems

I thought he got hurt while competing against Josh Barnett in the California Classic?

He definitely does reply, more so now than before because of the injury.

Speaking of which..I got him a flight out here to watch Draculino's fight and he talked to me about doing another video with him. We got some pretty cool news about his plans that he is going to touch on that I'm pretty excited about, so make sure you watch out for the video :)

There goes Poppa! Teasing again!!!!

Back