Question about Professional Athletes on Roids.

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Do they ever cycle off? Someone like GSP for instance who has a bunch of chemists making him the next latest and greatest undetectable drug.

How do they deal with training hard when off cycle? Im sure the added muscle mass helps, but what about when they are off cycle and their recovery is worse than before?

Or are these pro athletes in every sport just on drugs 24/7? You would think they would be a lot less healthy but some of these guys dont look too bad in old age, although they all get really fat

I've always wondered the same thing. Especially guys like gsp who kept that physique constantly. We will never know the truth though.

I've always wondered the same thing. Especially guys like gsp who kept that physique constantly. We will never know the truth though.
It’s almost as if there is never an off cycle for these guys. Or their PCT is super strong it’s basically another cycle but lighter?

It's not uncommon for guys that use to stay on for life. And this is just hobbyist guys. For pros I assume some do. That's also why you had so many guys go on trt or drop from the ufc when they implemented real drug testing in I believe 2011

They’ll most likely come off/reduce following a big comp I’d imagine. Or just minimal doses aka trt. When it comes to competition time though no doubt things like high and insulin will be utilised along with higher hormones. If they were constantly blasting they’d burn out.

They’ll most likely come off/reduce following a big comp I’d imagine. Or just minimal doses aka trt. When it comes to competition time though no doubt things like high and insulin will be utilised along with higher hormones. If they were constantly blasting they’d burn out.
Blast and........ Cruise
That seems incredibly unhealthy though. And imagine the tolerance your body has to testosterone and other drugs

That seems incredibly unhealthy though. And imagine the tolerance your body has to testosterone and other drugs

I am not sure they are on testosterone, it's pretty pointless because it will show up if it's above the normal range and they do get tested. I am talking about when they are off a cycle and they are in a cruise mode. They probably have something like a designer SARM that causes very little shut down and does not show up in normal tests. I think we may one day have an EPO moment if and when MMA really hits the big time and then maybe they will start checking samples in storage, retrospectively.

They probably do short cycles of PED's (On a blast) that do not remain in your system very long and try to time it between testing, PCT is a different story, which makes me wonder if some of the fighters have access to some good designer stuff....... And the reason they sometimes get caught is because they was sold one thing and got another........ fighters have been caught with some PED's in their system that I would think why the hell would you be taking that....

If they’re smart blood work, ecg’s, blood pressure tests etc will all be done to make sure damage is limited. But yes not healthy.

A lot of doped athletes look to chemical solutions for all kinds of problems in life after sports. I trained with an established pro when I was 19. I didn't know it but he was dependent on doping for the most basic training --- even with me (which is kind of ludicrous). His wiki page says that he had a fairly serious meth problem after retirement.

This isn't an isolated story.

I don't know... Look at the late Rich Piana. The guy started using at 16 and died at 46, so that's 30 years of (heavy) use. He clearly went overboard with many different drugs, including coke and stuff.
So I'm guessing an athlete with more reasonable doses could use his whole life before life threatening issues appear.

I don't know... Look at the late Rich Piana. The guy started using at 16 and died at 46, so that's 30 years of (heavy) use. He clearly went overboard with many different drugs, including coke and stuff.
So I'm guessing an athlete with more reasonable doses could use his whole life before life threatening issues appear.
Yeah but talking about dying is pretty major. Even non-life threatening issues are a bitch to deal with.

I can’t imagine feeling good on a day to day basis after being on the sauce for a whole athletic career. Quality of life must take a major hit, especially if you have to take more drugs just to be normal

I think GSP is natty, he seems like the type that naturally has a fast metabolism and just works out all the time his ENTIRE life.

I had a similar build to him when I was younger playing sports and kickboxing. I worked out all the time, and had a very active lifestyle.

If you keep it up all the time you don’t need roids to look like he does.

I’ve only taken off the shelf supplements and got up to 230ish ripped at my biggest. 245 not so ripped on a bulking kick when younger and 260 fat with that bulk still before deciding I wanted to be lighter again.

I think healthy 205 is perfect for my body type and isn’t all that hard to accomplish.

But to answer the op’s question I ha e some training partners that went the roid route, and they get a mental block off cycle, it’s like they need it to function at any kind of output level.

Almost like a Herion addict needs it to function.

Funny you should mention heroin. A guy I used to race with had a pretty successful pro career. The town that he was from threw a retirement party for him at the end of his career. I hear that he had to go to a garage to shoot up during his retirement party. Couldn't even make through a fucking retirement party without shooting up. SMH.

I think GSP is natty, he seems like the type that naturally has a fast metabolism and just works out all the time his ENTIRE life.

I had a similar build to him when I was younger playing sports and kickboxing. I worked out all the time, and had a very active lifestyle.

If you keep it up all the time you don’t need roids to look like he does.

I’ve only taken off the shelf supplements and got up to 230ish ripped at my biggest. 245 not so ripped on a bulking kick when younger and 260 fat with that bulk still before deciding I wanted to be lighter again.

I think healthy 205 is perfect for my body type and isn’t all that hard to accomplish.

But to answer the op’s question I ha e some training partners that went the roid route, and they get a mental block off cycle, it’s like they need it to function at any kind of output level.

I would not compare heroin to steroids, regarding addiction.....<45>

I would not compare heroin to steroids, regarding addiction.....<45>

Have you known any hard roid users and seen them working out off cycle?

They get this mental deal where they just complain about not being able to do anything and go hunt down another cycle, like a drug addict looks for drugs, it becomes the most important thing in thier lives to them.

In my limited experience anyway

Have you known any hard roid users and seen them working out off cycle?

They get this mental deal where they just complain about not being able to do anything and go hunt down another cycle, like a drug addict looks for drugs, it becomes the most important thing in thier lives to them.

In my limited experience anyway

Yes, I have and you are right they have a mental block, it's a fear of losing size, which is a form of body dysmorphia. It's a mental disorder not really the same as a chemical addiction.

Yes, I have and you are right they have a mental block, it's a fear of losing size, which is a form of body dysmorphia. It's a mental disorder not really the same as a chemical addiction.

Yeah I’m not saying it’s chemical addiction but I’ve known some to act the same way, but from different reason.

One you get sick as fuck and can’t function the other their brain tells them they can’t lift or perform without it so go hunting it with the same fury as the other.

Yeah I’m not saying it’s chemical addiction but I’ve known some to act the same way, but from different reason.

One you get sick as fuck and can’t function the other their brain tells them they can’t lift or perform without it so go hunting it with the same fury as the other.

I don't doubt this for a minute.

Back