Question about PBF.

zaggers77**

Black Belt
Reaction score
How does PBF competition compare to other fighters at his weight class from the past, is the competion just as stiff?

Also, how does he rank all time vs. the best fighters at his class, think he could beat a few or is he totally overhyped?

1: The most common narrative is that the competition exists currently, he's just not fighting them.

2: In before thread-explosion...

1: The most common narrative is that the competition exists currently, he's just not fighting them.

2: In before thread-explosion...

Actually don't foresee a thread explosion but who are some of the opponents besides Pacman he should fight.

There are some good competition out-there, but nowdays he won't fight them.

He did fought everybody in his super-featherweight and lightweight days.

I really can't rank him in only one division.

But i think he would beat guys like Basillo, Mickey Walker and would give hell to anybody else including Robinson and Leonard in the welterwight division. Maybe Hears would be a bad matchup por him.

In the lightweight he would have problems with guys like Benny Leonard, Ch

There are some good competition out-there, but nowdays he won't fight them.

He did fought everybody in his super-featherweight and lightweight days.

I really can't rank him in only one division.

But i think he would beat guys like Basillo, Mickey Walker and would give hell to anybody else including Robinson and Leonard in the welterwight division. Maybe Hears would be a bad matchup por him.

In the lightweight he would have problems with guys like Benny Leonard, Ch

cmon, what kind of competition is there out there besides manny? id like to see him fight the winner of williams martinez, maybe at 154, but other than that there isnt much out there

There are some guys out there like Bradley and Khan, Martinez, Williams, Miguel Cotto, Angulo, Andre Berto.

And Mosley was supposed to be a top fighter.

If he were to have fought in the era of the 4 Horsemen, I'd say he'd be lucky to beat one of them. I think Hagler and Hearns have too much size and power on him. I think with Leonard it'd be a close decision but given the will and perseverance that Leonard has shown, he'd take the fight late on points. With Duran, Floyd probably has his most success given his speed and size advantage but even then he'd be fighting someone who would look to get the fight on the inside and start to really wear on the body - something that Oscar had some success in doing in their matchup.

Ultimately, hes competitive with the 4 Horsemen, but he's lucky to win one of those fights.

There are some guys out there like Bradley and Khan, Martinez, Williams, Miguel Cotto, Angulo, Andre Berto.

And Mosley was supposed to be a top fighter.

besides martinez and williams, the rest are either smaller, already beaten up by pac, or unproven at the elite level. dont get me wrong, outside of the cotto fight i would absolutely love them all, but i dont think any of them besides williams or maravilla are competitive at all

Actually don't foresee a thread explosion but who are some of the opponents besides Pacman he should fight.

Martinez and Williams are often asked for.

My personal opinion is that it would be great to watch him fight Martinez, or even Cotto, but it won't do much for his legacy as a boxer. Currently, I think Pac is his only contemporary, and he needs that win to re-establish his image, especially after all of his recent out-of-ring antics. But, then again, in 50-100 years when the 24/7 news cycle has forgotten about him, he might be viewed differently.

Mayweather Jr at lightweight is a real issue against any lightweight that's ever fought. At welterweight I don't feel the same way, Leonard and Hearns would beat him soundly, I can't imagine him staying on his feet through 8 rounds with Ray Robinson. I have my doubts if Mayweather could beat Tito Trinidad when he was at 147 pounds and I don't think he was what we would consider one of the best to ever fight at that weight.

Back