question about nate campbell

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
if he is so inconsistent and such an idiot or limited fighter, then why the hell is everyone ducking him; i have heard alot about him only have two definitive wins or big wins, but casamayor-diaz-katsidis are all not even mentioning his name.

he has three major titles and has beat the face of the div; a win over him makes u the man in the division and lets you write your own ticket for big names moving up marquez/pacquiao
, fighting other guys at your weight (khan) or moving up for big money fights against hatton, bradley, etc.

so if he isn't the best guy, if he so easy or inconsistent; then why doesn't someone whup his ass take his titles, his fame and put a stamp on the division and on the p4p list.

I imagine it's because he outhustled the outhustler. Why would anybody want to fight a guy determined enough to beat Juan Diaz at his own game?

if he is so inconsistent and such an idiot or limited fighter, then why the hell is everyone ducking him; i have heard alot about him only have two definitive wins or big wins, but casamayor-diaz-katsidis are all not even mentioning his name.

he has three major titles and has beat the face of the div; a win over him makes u the man in the division and lets you write your own ticket for big names moving up marquez/pacquiao
, fighting other guys at your weight (khan) or moving up for big money fights against hatton, bradley, etc.

so if he isn't the best guy, if he so easy or inconsistent; then why doesn't someone whup his ass take his titles, his fame and put a stamp on the division and on the p4p list.

I can understand why Casa wouldn't fight him..you and i have discussed this in the past.

Casa is going after JMM but I believe his ultimate plan is to get Pacman in the ring. Not sure if he'll get that but I don't blame him for going for the monster payday. Casa's been around the block. I wouldnt be surprised one bit if we saw casa fight Barrera if he doesn't get the Pac fight.

I can understand why Juan wouldn't fight him. Nate introduced something to Juan that he just wasnt ready for. He beat his ass and it was a complete beating. Some would say what he did was dirty and I would say thats bullshit...he roughed Juan up. Nate told him we was going to kick his ass, then kicked his ass, and then offered to do it again. I don't think I'd put a youngster back in there with Campbell just quite yet. To me the risk out weighs the reward.

As for Kats...isn't that up to Nate? Who knows word is Kat wants more money to fight Diaz. maybe Kat will get another title shot with Campbell.

JMM > Nate any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Katsidis/Diaz is a good fight that absolutely doesn't constitute "ducking."

Diaz is fighting a guy who he is a 4-1 dog to lose to.

Who is ducking?

Who is ducking?
Katsidis is a 4-1 favorite? Huh?

Who is ducking?

if your $ was on the line would you take Diaz or Pacman?

when juan had the title everyone was calling his name, if casa had the title everyone would be calling his name, if katsidis had it everyone would be calling his name.

but the inconsistent, stupid and limited (in regards of success) nate campbell is being ignored, avoided and DUCKED.

these guys don't wanna see nate, their promoters don't want to see nate; an its obvious by their comments and offers after the fact.

instead of sending casa to go get the titles from a guy he already beat, to be the unified ring and world champ; which guarantees every name guy having to go through him.

but gbp is gonna through marquez at him and try to make it seem like nate don't want it; hiding the fact that he is trying to unify the titles at that weightclass, by giving that nonsense about him facing one of the best guys out there in marquez.

nate ain't running from anyone; but he wants to clean out his div, an he can't do so if he doesn't get that shot at casa.

noone wants to see him in the weight class, i don't care what the fighters are saying; what they AREN'T saying is get me nate campbell.

why the hell does he need to entertain guzman/marquez when he has a fellow titlist and contenders in his weightclass.

Who is ducking?

i dunno, imma have to see it to believe; not that i doubt your opinion, but i think nate murks him right now...if he is ready/sharp like he was against diamond/diaz he stops marquez.

imo

if nate didn't have those titles marquez wouldn't want it w/him; he would be considered to dangerous a fight, for the little risk. So i don't think gbp or marquez is really all that sure of jmm taking nate.

when juan had the title everyone was calling his name, if casa had the title everyone would be calling his name, if katsidis had it everyone would be calling his name.

Who was calling Juan's name? And Casa has ALWAYS had the lineal belt, who was saying "I want Casamayor!" Aside from Juan Diaz?

but the inconsistent, stupid and limited (in regards of success) nate campbell is being ignored, avoided and DUCKED.

Seriously, this is as far a cry from reality as I've ever seen you post.

i dunno, imma have to see it to believe; not that i doubt your opinion, but i think nate murks him right now...if he is ready/sharp like he was against diamond/diaz he stops marquez.

There is nothing about Diamond that indicates that beating him gives a person the edge against JMM. Diamond got smacked around by Miguel Huerta for fuck's sake.

I imagine it's because he outhustled the outhustler. Why would anybody want to fight a guy determined enough to beat Juan Diaz at his own game?

I can agree with this. As much as Nate has fucked up in his career, in his last fight he showed everyone he has the potential to beat them. And really, watch that performance, that guy on that night could have beaten any LW in the world.
Now when you consider he isnt the linear champ, and isnt a huge name, why would you want to fuck with THAT guy who beat Juan?
Honestly after his fight with Juan my though was "If I was a top LW right now I would do all I could to avoid that dude".

And really, watch that performance, that guy on that night could have beaten any LW in the world.

+1. Though, I'm thinking that was probably the pinnacle of his career. He's going to have to do something really special to match that performance.

I can agree with this. As much as Nate has fucked up in his career, in his last fight he showed everyone he has the potential to beat them. And really, watch that performance, that guy on that night could have beaten any LW in the world.
Now when you consider he isnt the linear champ, and isnt a huge name, why would you want to fuck with THAT guy who beat Juan?
Honestly after his fight with Juan my though was "If I was a top LW right now I would do all I could to avoid that dude".

Dude it's not like Juan Diaz never struggled in a Fight. And sure, Nate fought a great fight, but Casa does have a point when he says he's already beaten Nate, Diaz if anything deserves a re-match, but taking on Katsidis is hardly a duck, it's every bit as hard of a Fight. And David Diaz fighting Pacquaio, considering everyone thinks he's going to get his ass kicked that can't be constituted as a duck either.

Nate's fortunate to be getting Marquez, it's a very high profile Fight and if he does what he's capable of, he can single-handedly dismantle the dream of Pac/Marquez III if Pac wins and JMM loses.

Considering his track record, taking a "tune-up" Fight to show he CAN be consistent on the World Level isn't an unreasonable thing.

Dude it's not like Juan Diaz never struggled in a Fight. And sure, Nate fought a great fight, but Casa does have a point when he says he's already beaten Nate, Diaz if anything deserves a re-match, but taking on Katsidis is hardly a duck, it's every bit as hard of a Fight. And David Diaz fighting Pacquaio, considering everyone thinks he's going to get his ass kicked that can't be constituted as a duck either.

Nate's fortunate to be getting Marquez, it's a very high profile Fight and if he does what he's capable of, he can single-handedly dismantle the dream of Pac/Marquez III if Pac wins and JMM loses.

Considering his track record, taking a "tune-up" Fight to show he CAN be consistent on the World Level isn't an unreasonable thing.

the same joel casamayor who kept calling out corrales after diego beat him or freitas beat him or castillo beat him; sure those fights were iffy, but the fact is he lost to these cats and he was saying they were ducking him and afraid to give him a rematch. Yet he sits there and uses the i already beat you routine, when he is the one w/the 1 in his win column; its a bit hypocritical to say the least.

yeah we saw diaz struggle; but we never saw him get beat the f*ck up and then broken down, which is what we saw when he faced nate campbell.

i get your point he is inconsistent; but that being the case, why not knock him off while he is at his peak, take every other title in the division and make yourself the Only unified champ in boxing and the most appealing option for any fighter at above and below your weightclass. History tells us nate will mess up or misstep, why not be the one to take adv of itl; i will tell you why, cus people are afraid he might have turned the corner as far as that goes and if thats the case

UH OH

the same joel casamayor who kept calling out corrales after diego beat him or freitas beat him or castillo beat him; sure those fights were iffy, but the fact is he lost to these cats and he was saying they were ducking him and afraid to give him a rematch. Yet he sits there and uses the i already beat you routine, when he is the one w/the 1 in his win column; its a bit hypocritical to say the least.

So? Because Joel is a hypocrite doesn't make Nate suddenly correct.

i get your point he is inconsistent; but that being the case, why not knock him off while he is at his peak, take every other title in the division and make yourself the Only unified champ in boxing and the most appealing option for any fighter at above and below your weightclass. History tells us nate will mess up or misstep, why not be the one to take adv of itl; i will tell you why, cus people are afraid he might have turned the corner as far as that goes and if thats the case

lol Now I think you're just stirring shit, no one is afraid of Nate Campbell. Why should they have to take him out at his peak when he could possibly take on a lesser opponent, stick his chin out, and do it himself?

Back