question about lifting

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by badass76ta***, Oct 20, 2010.

1. badass76ta***

badass76ta*** White Belt

how should i fit in my weightlifting workouts into my schedule. i train in muay thai and some grappling on tuesday thursday and some saturdays. i dont wanna be to sore on fight training days but i dont wanna lose a ton of weight from doing all the cardio but be to sore to lift weights.

2. Endo

Endo o hai!

Do you really think this is an intelligent question?

How about you start with a beginner program, like starting strength (yeah, that's a good one) and start with the bar, like the program calls for....

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. Justice 4 All

Justice 4 All Brown Belt

The body is very adaptive. After a few weeks, it will have accustomed itself to a more hectic schedule.

4. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    lifting doesnt automatically mean that youre going balance your weight, that's not how it works.

It's more about your diet than anything else. If youre not going to fight professionally, then really think about whether you need to lift or not.

And 3 days of striking a week is nothing, if you want to lift, you have tons of time.

5. badass76ta***

badass76ta*** White Belt

Ok thanks. I've been training but just never that hard imto cardio.now I'm doing it a lot, just didn't wanna lose any size it strength.

6. EndingInception

EndingInception Orange Belt

u'l only b stiff the 1st while
    the body adapts to the strain placed on it

7. booher

booher Blue Belt

He didn't ask what routine to do, buddy.

8. Endo

Endo o hai!

I'm not your buddy, guy.

I also am not concerned about that. Someone who is at a higher level of athleticism isn't going to ask a question like this, and therefor he is most likely going to be a beginner, which would call for a beginner routine.

I try to look beyond the question being asked, because sometimes the answer is not really what is needed, but at the same time I still reply with an answer to their question, but I add in what I believe to be necessary.