question about kicking

NUNZIO

White Belt
Reaction score
When training with thai pads is this a good way to strengthen the leg and to gain some hieght to your kick as you can keep raising the bthai pad and kick higher..Whats the benefit of training with a thai pad

The real benefit is movement and interaction. The person holding the pads can make you move by circling and making sure you maintain distance, and do drills with you like tell you to jab - low outside right kick - and then have you check a low outside right kick they throw at you. Also teaches you to pay attention and focus since a good partner will have you doing lots of different combinations.

Also, you can kick the thai pads damn near as hard as you want.

to strengthen your leg, do leg kicks on those really long muay thai bags over and over, hit with the shin not the foot. thai pads are good if the person holding them holds them properly

to kick higher, do this on each side every day before kicking with your other stretches:

img0059jc.jpg

Whats the benefit of training with a thai pad
For thousands of pro MT fighters it is the most important piece of training equipment.
Get with a proper Thai pad holder and get to work.

to strengthen your leg, do leg kicks on those really long muay thai bags over and over, hit with the shin not the foot. thai pads are good if the person holding them holds them properly

to kick higher, do this on each side every day before kicking with your other stretches:

img0059jc.jpg

im not gonna lie... that shit looks gay. excuse me

btw. i feel kicking is overrated. effective... but way too overrated.

Phanatic as a new guy to the site all people cant do high kicks like you so when you say do these kicks dude cmon man not everyone can do it. It does sound like your stuck on your self about this high kick of yours plus you have a pic of your self and I know how to kick the bag. My bodybuilding days I never stretched so now that ive been doing muay thai for a year now and stopped bodybuilding I have to work on more flexibility . I'm almost there to the head but not yet

+1 not to be offensive, but hey what the hell. You look like a Batty Boy. Try posting some more masculine pictures, rather then you extending your leg in hot shorts.

img0059jc.jpg

I swear i've seen that picture half a dozen times in posts by you now.

Another decent way of doing that, instead of throwing your leg up like a pole dancer, partner up with someone on the ground. Facing them, have your legs open out at a 90 degree angle facing them. Hold onto your partners wrist while they put their feet on your legs (around the knees) and push your legs away so eventually your legs go out 180 degrees. Good stretch for groin and hamstrings, have your partner pull your wrists towards their body and it stretches out your lower back too.

No offense TS but I don't know how good your english is, so this tutorial might be very or only slightly useful. But read through these three steps, learn to do dynamic stretches every morning and before training and static after training only. And perhaps even some Isometric/PNF stretching if you want to aggressively want to increase flexibility. But doing A couple of dynamic kicks every morning and before every training and then relaxing static in combination with actual kick training is more then enough for beginnners. In fact, just like with explosive power and vertical jumps, useful flexibility, is dependant on musclestrenght.

To relate, the ***gotish picture posted here is actually not really a indicator for nothing except a slightly exhibitionistic sexual tendancy and passive flexibility since you aren't even holding up your leg by its own strenght. Any flexyass yoga guy could do that but it does not indicate the sort of flexiblity/strenght ratio you need for awesome and high kicks.

And yes, I have been there, in deep splits and all that ***gotish shit but let me tell you. If you want to throw proper axekicks like Andy Hug did you need a lot more than that.

Tricks Tutorials.com

Laughing at everyone making fun of phanatic.

Putting up gay photos in shortie shorts an using a glamourshot in your av' isn't the best way to make [straight] friends.

You gotta be smarter than posting that pic.

The funniest part of this is, who did he get to take that picture for him? lol

Back