question about IBJJF rule worlds

Aprentice

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
hey!

I heard sometime ago that for registering for worlds the IBJJF is demanding that the person has won an IBJJF open before. Does this apply to blue belt adult?

Thanks!

That is not true. Black belt adults will need a certain amount of IBJJF points, but not anyone else.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they started making people at least place in an open or pans before going to the worlds.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they started making people at least place in an open or pans before going to the worlds.

I disagree.

I live in northeast brazil in a major city, and even here there are few IBJJF competitions, even though there are competitions from other federations almost weekly. So you are saying that even an athelete who competes and wins a lot in tournaments in brazil (where theres a bunch of federations) should not be able to compete worlds unless he was able to go to an IBJJF open abroad or in the other side of the country?? Makes no sense at all. Some of us can only travel like that for competing once or twice a year.

So please, think more before defending this ridiculous idea.

That idea is likely not even considered by the IBJJF.
They want lower belts to give them as much money as possible.

Apprentice, fair point, I'm sure some other provisions could be made, like if you win or place at other sizeable promotions..

Back